Putting him on your ignore list will stop the PMs
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2021, 10:46 AM
Trader Rating: 73
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
Putting him on your ignore list will stop the PMs
I already did that; but since I gave him my number though the PP claims process 5 weeks ago he had my personal numbers.
I tried calling him several times to see what possible issue would have caused this behavior after getting positive feedback right after the sale; he never answered the phone, returned any of the calls, or texted me until Friday of last week and then last night he decided to start sending me texts near midnight, six in fact within about 5 minutes. I have since blocked him from my home and cell numbers and am looking as to how to block him from my email addresses as he has those as well. He just will not go away.
Dec 01, 2021, 11:11 AM
Trader Rating: 172
Build a scale plane already!!!
A call to your local PD might be in order
Dec 01, 2021, 11:58 AM
Thread OP

good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
A call to your local PD might be in order
Wish my wife was alive right now as well. She was the second woman ever to become a BCPD officer and then became a volunteer BCPD officer for 25 years working the front desk at night, (with of all people my older brother) before we got married and a Private detective in the State of MD for 40 years before her passing. She taught me a lot about running my Hobby shop during our marriage and one of the thing was keep good records of sales and DO NOT TAKE CHECKS! lol. She was great at getting deadbeats to pay up.
Last edited by ron stahl; Dec 02, 2021 at 12:10 PM.
Dec 01, 2021, 01:10 PM
Trader Rating: 107
You're only as old as you feel
She sounds like she was rare as a fine gem, you lucky man. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Don't hesitate to mention her anyway. People will respond to your memory of her and help you just a little extra, I'm sure.

1 nut out of 73 transactions total? You're good for another 73 then and this one is out of the way! Don't let him discourage you from enjoying what you do.
Dec 01, 2021, 02:00 PM
Trader Rating: 181
Commander Missle Silo One

No Negative Feedback?

Why no negative feedback about the transaction on his profile?
Dec 01, 2021, 02:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpresley
Trying to do that 5 months later didn't seem possible , but will try again
Dec 01, 2021, 02:19 PM
Thread OP

Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpresley
was able to get it done finally today
Dec 01, 2021, 02:57 PM
Trader Rating: 327
-insert witty saying here-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron stahl
was able to get it done finally today
You left a duplicate feedback, which may get deleted. If you go to the original positive you left, you can edit it to a negative.
Dec 01, 2021, 03:23 PM
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron stahl
Got a series of rambling Texts starting last Thursday and ended last night from the member in question and he just wont go away even with all of this being discussed and my response yesterday to his last text was that " PayPal found in my favor and I have no interest in speaking with him further". I find that it is very interesting and will be to all the members here that RC Mann is still claiming he got a P80 from me all the while listing it first in Aug as a P100 and the a P120 for over 5 weeks until the ad went away last Friday. That being said, here is a link to a posted question on how to reset a Jetcat ECU another engine type . The instructions are in the 8th post down the page and come from the service center Rep that we all know and respect that were copied and pasted into the members post. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...jetcat-p70-ecu
That seems to correspond with what I suspected earlier. Your turbine was likely sold off a long time ago, and he seems to have never had the one's he's been trying to sell. Goes along with a person desperate to raise funds, including filing disputes months later with no intention to return something he doesn't have.

Some have been surprised at a the notion of well rated person going south. I'm not. What you do know is that up until now, they've decided it's more important to keep their reputation so they can keep selling, versus lose it over a few quick scams. You also know they like to collect money on a regular basis for selling off stuff. Nothing wrong there, but it's certainly not an indication of being financially secure, responsible, and fully trustworthy. Used turbines are different from the regular seller offering lower dollar goods. Over the years from what I've seen it can be like the quad drama thing. If I wanted one, a person being a well rated regular seller might even be a minus, versus a plus. I'm not looking to buy a turbine from someone regularly trying to raise funds. I'd be looking for a known, reputable turbine modeler (most aren't broke) who just happens to be passing on the occasional used turbine, similar to how a person occasionally passes on a car. Kinda like the preference of buying the used car from the older person down the street who buys a new car every so many years and is selling their older car, versus buying one from a used car dealer. You know the person on your block, and have a better idea of the condition and history of the car.
Dec 01, 2021, 03:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
That seems to correspond with what I suspected earlier. Your turbine was likely sold off a long time ago, and he seems to have never had the one's he's been trying to sell. Goes along with a person desperate to raise funds, including filing disputes months later with no intention to return something he doesn't have.

Some have been surprised at a the notion of well rated person going south. I'm not. What you do know is that up until now, they've decided it's more important to keep their reputation so they can keep selling, versus lose it over a few quick scams. You also know they like to collect money on a regular basis for selling off stuff. Nothing wrong there, but it's certainly not an indication of being financially secure, responsible, and fully trustworthy. Used turbines are different from the regular seller offering lower dollar goods. Over the years from what I've seen it can be like the quad drama thing. If I wanted one, a person being a well rated regular seller might even be a minus, versus a plus. I'm not looking to buy a turbine from someone regularly trying to raise funds. I'd be looking for a known, reputable turbine modeler (most aren't broke) who just happens to be passing on the occasional used turbine, similar to how a person occasionally passes on a car. Kinda like the preference of buying the used car from the older person down the street who buys a new car every so many years and is selling their older car, versus buying one from a used car dealer. You know the person on your block, and have a better idea of the condition and history of the car.
Thank you all, so very much for your words of support over this matter. I was just trying to help out a modeler in need that told me this was for his childs plane. I'm not hard to find info on since I have always used my real name here and elsewhere. If you read my bio will will see that I am a life long modeler, well known in the jet community on the east coast and a former hobby shop owner for many years. I bought this engine from another well respected modeler after a customer needed a larger engine just to have a spare. I'll never ever sell another turbine engine here or anywhere else online to someone I don't personally know after going through this BS. Done over and out!
Dec 02, 2021, 12:55 PM
Trader Rating: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
<snip>You also know they like to collect money on a regular basis for selling off stuff. Nothing wrong there, but it's certainly not an indication of being financially secure, responsible, and fully trustworthy.<snip>
I know this is sometimes correct but selling things for the need for funds is certainly not a good indicator of dishonesty.
Dec 02, 2021, 01:30 PM
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignernt_dweeb View Post
I know this is sometimes correct but selling things for the need for funds is certainly not a good indicator of dishonesty.
Your snip of my post and commentary on it makes no sense and shows why partial quotes take things out of context.
The point I made was clear. People can read my full post and understand the full context.

You can continue on with it however, and yet another thread will be derailed.
Dec 02, 2021, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Nope, I'll stop it right now. I forgot to reclosed the thread earlier today.
We ae done with R C Mann

Quick Reply