Andrés Leoni Infinity 4D Video

Andres Leoni is back with an amazing video of him flying the Infinity 4D. The control he has over this plane when the nose is down is simply amazing.

Splash

Impressive Flying

Andrés Leoni is back with an amazing video of him flying the Infinity 4D. The control he has over this plane when the nose is down is simply amazing. It's fantastic to see this level of precision, not to mention the 4D flight being done on such a large airplane. Little indoor foamies are one thing, but this is on a completely different level.

I'll ask Andrés to reply to this thread with some more info on the plane and his thoughts about 4D flying in general. It will be great to hear his insight.

Nov 19, 2021, 09:59 AM
Thanks you very much Jason for share it, and yes, I will try to explain any doubt �� please feel free to ask.
Nov 19, 2021, 10:10 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Hi Andrés. I would love to hear more about how you have the radio setup and control of the reversing direction.
Nov 19, 2021, 10:15 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Is that a reversing pitch propellor ?

RF
Nov 19, 2021, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Hi Andrés. I would love to hear more about how you have the radio setup and control of the reversing direction.
Hello Jason.
Yes, basically I have two different settings depending the flying I want to do.
There first setting is for normal pitch and throttle curve, like standard motor, this gives the control like any other electric motor, low throttle stick is low rpm, max throttle stick is full power.
The second setting is completely different, the center of pitch/throttle stick is equal to zero pitch and little throttle, full forward stick is full positive pitch and motor power(forward flying) full back stick is maximal negative pitch and motor power.
Make two different settings is very helpful in order to have a comfortable flying in all situation.
I hoped that this solve some of your doubts👍
Nov 19, 2021, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flyer
Is that a reversing pitch propellor ?

RF
Hello Red Flyer.
This is a variable pitch propeller and vector thrust, we define it like Thrust Vector Variable Pitch Propeller or TVVPP.
Nov 19, 2021, 11:33 AM
About flying 4D I can only say that when I tried first time I can't back to fly without a TVVPP, is so fun that mix between 3D, precise style and 4D that I never get bored, always is a great challenge make everything with more control.
The 4D outdoor challenge started in 2012, there was a lot of things to do, the development was constant and in 2018/2019 I finally was able to make negative torque with control and power.
I improved my own skills and developed technical training in order to be able to repeat the maneuver always that I want, and all the flying helped me to learn how to fine tune the system.
Nov 19, 2021, 11:46 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Very cool. I've flown the early days of VPP systems back when they started, but control was lacking along with power. The thrust vectoring part makes a lot of sense to have that level of control now. Love it!
Nov 19, 2021, 12:37 PM
Lower!
Awesome--looks like ailevators in use too?
Nov 19, 2021, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Very cool. I've flown the early days of VPP systems back when they started, but control was lacking along with power. The thrust vectoring part makes a lot of sense to have that level of control now. Love it!
Yes, I totally agree, the Vector system is a must for such kind of maneuvers, and there is room to make much more, but I need to learn.
Nov 19, 2021, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo69cowboy
Awesome--looks like ailevators in use too?
Yes, you looked that with detail, is very helpful in this model for improve the control.
Nov 21, 2021, 08:11 AM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Amazing plane and fantastic skills. I already get nervous torque rolling my 90-92" planes that low, I can't even imagine doing it upside down
I tried a variable prop plane on the sim once and it was unbelievably hard, it is simply incredible how comfortable Andrés looks flying it.
The most difficult part for me is getting used to the 3D heli configuration of the throttle stick and not reversing the pitch when you simply want to reduce power.
Anyway, another proof there is no limit in this hobby.
Ronaldo
Nov 21, 2021, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Hi everyone! I'm very happy that you like the video of this incredible 4D that Andrés Leoni designed, created and enjoys very much! Thank you very much Jason for share it 😃😃
Nov 21, 2021, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldopn
Amazing plane and fantastic skills. I already get nervous torque rolling my 90-92" planes that low, I can't even imagine doing it upside down
I tried a variable prop plane on the sim once and it was unbelievably hard, it is simply incredible how comfortable Andrés looks flying it.
The most difficult part for me is getting used to the 3D heli configuration of the throttle stick and not reversing the pitch when you simply want to reduce power.
Anyway, another proof there is no limit in this hobby.
Ronaldo
it's really amazing! filming that plane and feeling it so close was impressive in every way! Above all, try to think like Andres do, and don't get nervous at that height with the model is totally crazy!! 🤯🤯🤯
Nov 21, 2021, 07:34 PM
I respect the skill level but, why not just fly a helicopter at this point?

Quick Reply