What Are You Getting Yourself for Christmas?

It's holiday shopping time and while I'm sure there's plenty to buy for others, you don't want to leave yourself out in the cold.

Splash

Treat Yourself!

It's holiday shopping time and while I'm sure there's plenty to buy for others, you don't want to leave yourself out in the cold. After all, you've been good all year long right? You deserve to treat yourself. The holiday sales have already begun and with Black Friday hitting next week, there are sure to be some great deals out there. We'll be highlighting some great Black Friday Deals here https://www.rcgroups.com/rcgroups-bl...ay-deals-1151/ but this thread is more about sharing what you'd like to get yourself.

For me, I've got a pretty expensive new sailplane on my list that should be available sometime early next year, so I'm thinking more about accessories like tools and building supplies. My glue stash is getting old, so I'll probably restock there and look for some cool little specialty tools that I don't already have.

What are you getting yourself this year?

Nov 16, 2021, 10:16 AM
I have asked family for batteries. 2S for my 3D foamy, 3S for my combat and trainer planes (I'm doing flight instruction and I can ALWAYS use more for that), and 4S for my Strix Goblin, F27 Evolution, and 2 quadcopters.

I've also asked for a trainer jet, but I have already been told in no uncertain terms by the wife that I am not allowed another plane unless I get rid of two because they're taking up too much room in our spare bedroom. And I will somewhat agree - I've got a foamboard P-51 and a foamboard P-38 with 60" wingspans that are built and can't come apart for storage, so I can see her point. When you live in a 2 bedroom, 1000 square ft apartment, you have to plan your storage carefully, so we'll see if I get the jet or not...
Nov 16, 2021, 10:29 AM
A couple of new girlfriends as the ones that i have now are getting Oldy and Moldy.
Nov 16, 2021, 11:19 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Good luck Dale!
Nov 16, 2021, 12:58 PM
I'm hoping for a Skywing 91 in Edge in the Green and Charcoal scheme if it shows up.in NWRCs next container.
Nov 16, 2021, 04:23 PM
I’ve got the new Habu SS coming. Should be here any day now. Merry Christmas to me from me.
Nov 16, 2021, 05:45 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I am waiting for Horizons next release & soon my tree will be empty like the horizon promise of something new before 2022 !
This will ( if they deliver ) satisfy my request for a capitalist greed desire for more Rc planes
Nov 16, 2021, 07:15 PM
Ah, Christmas time again?
1. Choose it yourself
2. Order it yourself
3. Pay for it yourself
4. Blame yourself if it doesn't live up to your expectations.

I have just ordered some Rail main rotor blades for the Blade 180 CFX heli from the USA.
Also negotiating for a discount on the the complete stock of 1S LiPos for my Blade nano QX3D quad from my local hobby store here in Australia.

The 180CFX and the nano QX3D are both discontinued models so the Rail rotor blades and the 1S LiPos are very difficult to locate.
What did we do in the days before the Internet was invented?

My expectation is that the Rail blades will fit my OMP Hobby M1 and that I will get a substantial discount on the 1S LiPos.
Plenty of room for disappointment on both counts but at least I am having fun, fun, fun.
Talking about discontinued models, here is another blast from the past.

Fun, Fun, Fun (Remastered 2001) (2 min 6 sec)
Nov 16, 2021, 07:18 PM
CNC router pieces are ordered.

Wish Santa would loan me some elves, otherwise I have a lot of pieces to assemble.
Nov 16, 2021, 07:53 PM
I'd like a Draco but might have to settle for an RV-7. We'll see how that turns out. One issue is storage space. I can easily find room for the RV-7 but the Draco will take some finagling.
Nov 16, 2021, 09:40 PM
I bought a 1m Malibu DLG, just waiting the for the servos and batteries to show up. I'm really looking forward to trying DLG.
Nov 16, 2021, 10:05 PM
I want a Kunai. And I want a Protos 380. And there will probably be more I want before Christmas.
Nov 17, 2021, 04:01 PM
I wish for time to fly my planes!

Tommy
Nov 20, 2021, 12:45 PM
Mockingbird
The EFlite 2.1m Cessna 150T will be joining the hanger this Christmas.
Nov 20, 2021, 03:44 PM
Just ordered a Dynam PT-17 "Yellow Peril" Navy version from Grayson's. Blue and Yellow AAF version not in stock.

Quick Reply