Aug 04, 2005, 09:55 PM
Thread OP

Multiplex Easy Glider Electric

Greetings, I ordered an Easy Glider Electric in May from my L.H.S. I believe they order from Tower. No glider yet ! Multiplex web site says they are available. Anyone having luck getting them ? Lee
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2005, 12:02 AM
I had my Easy Glider (non electric) on back order for quite awhile but it finally came in last month. Worth the wait, goes together real nice. By the way it was from Towers.
Tom
Aug 05, 2005, 09:09 AM
Flying the Inland Valley
Hobby People which is part of Multiplex (kind of) has the ez Glider is out of stock on their web site.

Joe
Aug 05, 2005, 11:00 AM
Hi,

I got mine from

www.modelspot.com

in the UK. It was a bit more with shipping and all. On the other hand, I'm flying it today.

Regards.
Aug 05, 2005, 02:48 PM
I ordered mine from Tower about two weeks ago and received it last Saturday. A really nice glider and the Elapor foam is extremely durable. An easy build but you might want to consider an alternate to the stock motor.

Bob
Aug 05, 2005, 02:59 PM
Flying the Inland Valley
Whats wrong with the stock motor, Weak?
Would a different prop help?

Joe
Aug 05, 2005, 04:47 PM
Flying the Inland Valley
Ledbetter, thermal what do you think of it? You know good stuff/bad stuff.
Inquiring minds want to know.

Joe
Aug 06, 2005, 09:43 AM
I just finished mine last night. I also ordered from Tower. When I ordered mine, the stock status was "quantities low." I think I got the last one because as soon as I placed my order, their stock status changed to "late July." Within a few days, they were showing "quantities low" again. It looks like they are getting them but they are going fast.

The build was very easy. I built it stock. The only thing I did differently was not adding the ball-bearing to the tail. I didn't like the idea of having permanent weight in a place I couldn't get too. I planned on adding a little bit of paint to the tail so I didn't want to add weight until I had everything built/installed. Luckily I didn't add the ball bearing because mine needed 3/4 oz in the nose to balance. I pretty much installed everything (rx/battery) as far back as I could to get it as close to the CG as possible. I probably could have moved the ESC right up behind the motor and gotten the balance. I had everything glued in place so I chose to just add a little weight.

My one screw up came when installing the aileron control linkages. I am in the middle of Oklahoma with the nearest hobby shop 3 hours away so I am forced to use what I have or can find locally. I didn't use CA/accelerator on the supplied control linkages for my two airlerons. I did do it for the rudder/elevator but forgot the ailerons. Last night I took it out to a small field to test the glide/balance. It flew great with the motor off. After 4 glide tests, my TX was needing a recharge (didn't charge it before) so I went in. When I went in, I noticed that one of the supplied nuts came off the aileron. So this morning I have to go to the local hardware store and try to find something to use on the aileron. Then I can finish my radio programming and take it out for its first real flights this afternoon.

I read a lot about people changing out the motor. I elected to stick to stock because a) I didn't want to end up with a motor/battery setup that costs twice as much as the glider and b) I am not looking for something that is going to take the easy glider vertical on takeoff. I plan on using it at the local park with the motor off as much as possible. Perhaps I'll want a stronger motor down the road. The good thing about keeping it stock is I can now justify buying a new plane when I feel the need for more power! I've been eyeing up the Cermark Breeze for a while now!

I'll post my first flight report this evening or tomorrow once I get the aileron fixed.
Aug 08, 2005, 10:05 AM
Fly R/C writer
Joeskysailor,

Dude, Hobby People has no relationship to Multiplex at all! Multiplex is owned by Hitec, when they bought the corporation about 2 years ago. The only reason you see a lot of Multiplex product in Hobby People is because HP buys a lot of that product (thus getting a better discount) from Hitec/Multiplex.

mlee8249
Aug 08, 2005, 10:51 AM
Flying the Inland Valley
Ok I stand corrected. Thanks

Joe
Aug 08, 2005, 12:52 PM
Great plane. Don't add the tail weight. I'm using a Zagi motor in mine on eight NiMH cells. I also have some 3c li-pos to try in it.
Aug 08, 2005, 10:18 PM
I have a question for those of you flying the Easy Glider. I balanced mine at the recommended location (70mm from the leading edge), which required 3/4 oz of nose weight. The first time I flew it, it flew like it was nose heavy. I removed 1/4 oz of weight and then reflew it. It flew better, but still seemed nose heavy. Today I flew it again and I still think it is flying nose heavy. When the motor is on, it will fly pretty level. When the motor is off, the nose wants to drop quickly. I pretty much have to keep constant up-elevator in to keep it level. As soon as I let off, the nose drops. I could add in some trim but that seems like a short-term fix. I want to figure out the balance better. Considering I didn't put the ball bearing in the tail like the instructions said, I was surprised that it was tail heavy according to the CG in the manual. I was thinking I would have had to add tail weight with the stock motor. Anyway, I still have the 1/2 oz in the nose but I'm thinking about removing it tomorrow before I fly it again.

I remember reading an article online a few years ago that talked about the dive method of balancing a plane. It required you to basically put the plane in a dive and then let off the controls. If the plane reacted one way, it indicated nose heavy and vise versa. If I remember correctly, the reaction was reversed from what you would expect it to be. Anyway, I can not find this article online so I am looking for some input. Thanks for the help.

By the way, the plane flies great, even if the cg has yet to be pinpointed.
Aug 09, 2005, 12:53 AM
Gravity brings me down
Silly question, but critical to choosing this model - is the wing removable or glued in place?
Aug 09, 2005, 12:54 AM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthbound
Silly question, but critical to choosing this model - is the wing removable or glued in place?
Two peice removable
Aug 09, 2005, 01:09 AM
Gravity brings me down
Thanks.

Quick Reply