Extreme Flight Muscle Bipe!

The Muscle bipe - it's all that and an extra wing!

Splash

At long last, the brand new 70cc Muscle Bipe is in stock and ready to ship!

From Chris Hinson...

Inspired by the highly modified Waco known as the Mystery Ship, flown by the late airshow legend Jimmy Franklin, the Muscle Bipe delivers timeless and classic looks coupled with modern features and performance. Equally at home flying barnstormer airshow maneuvers as it is flying old school low and slow 3D, the Muscle Bipe's gentle manners inspire confidence for sport flyers and 3D enthusiasts alike. Available in a dedicated radial engine version as well as a standard version for a 70cc twin gas engine or 12S 5000+ Watt electric setup, the Muscle Bipe is a versatile airframe designed to deliver maximum fun on a variety of power plants. The radial engine version is designed specifically for the Saito FG-90R3 gas radial and includes a bolt-in baffle to aid in cooling the engine cylinders.

The 70cc Muscle Bipe features quick connect mechanisms that allow it to be assembled and disassembled in a couple minutes at the flying field-without any tools! No more long and tedious assembly and tear down sessions that are typically associated with biplanes! The Muscle Bipe features our state-of-the-art construction materials and methods, resulting in a lightweight, rigid and robust airframe. It features carbon fiber wing and stab tubes, carbon fiber landing gear and tailwheel assembly, carbon fiber main wing spars and fuselage longerons, g10/lite ply composite laminated internals and 2 gorgeous genuine Ultracote (Oracover) color schemes. Highly prefabricated, including pre-hinged and sealed control surfaces, the Muscle Bipe can be assembled in a couple evenings.

If you're looking for a beautiful, great flying biplane with classic looks and modern features and performance that is guaranteed to turn heads at the flying field, the 70cc Muscle Bipe is the one for you!

Visit Extreme Flight

Link - https://extremeflightrc.com/Legacy-Aviation_c_30.html

Nov 22, 2021, 06:20 PM
Suspended Account
Any vids on this Bibe? Will be interesting if it can fly as good if not better than the Mamba 70cc.
IMO it looks to be made at the scale market than the Jase Dussia type Pilot's (built up wings etc).
Nov 22, 2021, 11:40 PM
Handicrashed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnDiesel
Any vids on this Bibe? Will be interesting if it can fly as good if not better than the Mamba 70cc.
IMO it looks to be made at the scale market than the Jase Dussia type Pilot's (built up wings etc).
Legacy Aviation 78" Muscle Bipe (5 min 14 sec)
Nov 23, 2021, 04:11 AM
Suspended Account
Thanks Boone, seems i was right, i have never seen Jase fly sedate like that.

But the OP says it is an EF plane? Have they bought Legacy Aviation or something?

Maybe they are going to do a EF makeover on it ?
Nov 23, 2021, 09:11 AM
Handicrashed
Quote:
Thanks Boone, seems i was right, i have never seen Jase fly sedate like that.

But the OP says it is an EF plane? Have they bought Legacy Aviation or something?

Maybe they are going to do a EF makeover on it ?
Legacy Aviation is a line of models offered by Extreme Flight that is what one might say less 3-D ish than most of their planes. Included are the Muscle Bipe, Muscle Coupe, Turbo Bushmaster and Turbo Duster.

You can find them on the Extreme Flight website.
Nov 23, 2021, 12:43 PM
Exactly. The Muscle Bipe is intended for more sedate (what has come to be called "Old School") 3D maneuvers in addition to general sport flying.

Legacy Aviation is a brand produced by Extreme Flight (as are SpeedFreak and 3DHobbyShop, XPWR, BlazingStar, etc.) and, as the poster above correctly explains, are less-hardcore aerobatic designs which are drawn from full-scale general aviation aircraft. The Muscle Bipe is a heavily modified WACO UPF-7 styled after the "Mystery Ship" WACO built and flown by airshow legend Jimmy Franklin.
Nov 23, 2021, 01:44 PM
Suspended Account
Ahhh thanks, I believe Extreme Flight are missing an opportunity which E-Flite and Multiplex seem to have cornered but not very well....

Really good 3D planes for small Parks and Yards. I.E. 30" - 34" that can do MODERN EXTREME 3D.... There really is VERY few that can do this, buttttttttttt i KNOW it is possible as i have seen scratch Builders making them and flying them!

They could be balsa, EPP, PP, Depron or EPO.

While being smaller, manufacturing allows for more varied looking designs. I.E. Offer something different looking than the scale Extra's, Yak's etc.

Postage/Container problems means many countries can not buy from China, so maybe manufacture in US or Canada. Note Canada has very good trade deals with Europe and others!
Nov 23, 2021, 03:34 PM
There are lots of types of RC products we do not choose to produce, so that we can concentrate on our core business, which is wood/composite aerobatic aircraft. On a regular basis, we are asked to produce all sorts of products, such as gas engines, servos, transmitters, batteries, etc. Any one of these projects would require a not inconsequential capitalization and expansion. To produce RC products in N America would multiply the cost many-fold. So, for the time being, we will move cautiously and continue to spend the majority of our efforts on producing top-quality wood/composite aircraft. Thanks very much for the discussion.
Nov 23, 2021, 06:34 PM
inverted-i-fly
Quote:
Ahhh thanks, I believe Extreme Flight are missing an opportunity which E-Flite and Multiplex seem to have cornered but not very well....

Really good 3D planes for small Parks and Yards. I.E. 30" - 34" that can do MODERN EXTREME 3D.... There really is VERY few that can do this, buttttttttttt i KNOW it is possible as i have seen scratch Builders making them and flying them!

They could be balsa, EPP, PP, Depron or EPO.

While being smaller, manufacturing allows for more varied looking designs. I.E. Offer something different looking than the scale Extra's, Yak's etc.

Postage/Container problems means many countries can not buy from China, so maybe manufacture in US or Canada. Note Canada has very good trade deals with Europe and others!
Twisted hobbies has done a great job on the 30-34 3d planes and skywing makes a great 38/48" line of 3d foam/balsa hybrids, also look at Jase's own line of foamies at JTA innovations, not to mention WM park flyers.

3dhs made a very short lived, but loved, foam and wood airframe that I think was sourced from skywing, I had a couple of those, good times.

EF makes the finest balsa covered ARF in the business today, it's what they do
Nov 24, 2021, 10:21 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drcparts
3dhs made a very short lived, but loved, foam and wood airframe that I think was sourced from skywing, I had a couple of those, good times.
3DHS still make planes, including what is maybe the best mid sized plane ever, the 52" Velox. The 52" Edge is pretty righteous too. The 3DHS 60" Slick 580 is still almighty too.

This muscle bipe, though, looks like a masterpiece. Well done.

Quick Reply