Apr 29, 2002, 07:01 PM
Skid Row Gang Flyer
Thread OP

I need a paint scheme for the little A-4

I could have the little A-4 flying by Jet Day if I had a paint scheme. I'm looking for one of the trainer versions (2-place) that was basically white with orange nose, wingtips and I think tail as well. I need a good, high visibility scheme, preferably with some distinction between top and bottom. Anybody have some suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2002, 07:22 PM
Acme Powered!

TA 4-J

Hey Doc, here is one that might work for you. It was the cleanest looking one I could find. You can also go to this website and search for more A4's. Joe
http://www.skyhawk.org/
Apr 29, 2002, 10:33 PM
Skid Row Gang Flyer
Thread OP
Yes Joe, that is exactly the one I'm thinking of. I actually found that same photo after I posted the thread.

Doc,

Do you have any of those three-views for a TA-4 like that in Joe's photo??
Apr 30, 2002, 07:17 AM
Motorless Wing Nut
Sorry but that's all I have images for in the way of A-4's. BTW, those images are copies of the instructions that come with decal sets from Eagle Strike Productions and Aeromaster. I've had great luck using the 1/48th scale decal sets (not the instructions), scanned into metafile format (.emf) and then scaling them up cleanly to the scale I need for an electric.

dd.
Apr 30, 2002, 07:30 AM
Skid Row Gang Flyer
Thread OP
Doc,

I have scanned the images of decal sheets as a *.tif image and then import them into AutoCAD. Then I trace the raster image, turn it off and print the resulting vector image just created. Works great. I'm going to use this method for the F-86. I may use one of the images you provided for the big A-4 that JePe will be shipping next week!!
Apr 30, 2002, 08:08 AM
Motorless Wing Nut
If you don't mind spending about $8.50 to $9.50, I'd recommend you see if you can find a hobby shop that sells the Eagle Strike decals. You can order them on line but then you'll have to wait a little.

http://www.eaglestrikeproductions.com

dd.
Apr 30, 2002, 10:16 AM
Col.Hooligan Air Force

A4

Dr Jet
few A-4 pictures, also You will like the Jepe A4, it's a great kit everything comes with it.I'm very pleased with mine. I have installed spring air 600 's
Semper fi
Joe
Apr 30, 2002, 10:17 AM
Col.Hooligan Air Force
a 4
Apr 30, 2002, 12:46 PM
Uncljoe

Did did you have the mains twist and retract forwards like the real A4, or use some other means of fitting them?

Also, will the Jepe A4 take 22 CP1700s and a Schubi?

Cheers

Gordon
Apr 30, 2002, 01:20 PM
Col.Hooligan Air Force
Gordon
I have the retracs going forward and modified the landing gear humps . the Spring air 600 need and additional 3/16 plylite spacer
Would take a "schubeler"fan, you bet. and no problem on the batteries. (then again I have 44 2400's in the Lexx.. F/A 18)
will take pixs of retracs
Semper Fi
Joe
Apr 30, 2002, 01:23 PM
Col.Hooligan Air Force
pix
Apr 30, 2002, 02:59 PM
Thanks Uncljoe

You aren't wasting much time getting started on this one!

Gordon
Apr 30, 2002, 11:33 PM
Col.Hooligan Air Force

Wheel pixs

Gordon
here are a few wheel well photos, if you want any particular angles let me know. the wing is thin so I went with the spring airs.since they only require a single airline and mounting bracket
are not as wide as the ejf ones,which must use a Heavy robart value.
The weather and my job keeps me from flying locally, but I hope to be attending Mid-Atlantic Jet rally near Norfork, Virginia. I will be taking my entire Electic jet wing(262/fa18/and the A4)
Semper Fi
Joe
Apr 30, 2002, 11:36 PM
Col.Hooligan Air Force
pix

Quick Reply