3D Print Your RC Car

This cool site 3Dsets.com lets you purchase 3D print files to create your own RC scale vehicles at home.

Splash

Why Buy Parts When You Can Make Them

Nik sent me a link to this cool site 3Dsets.com where you can purchase 3D print files to create your own RC scale vehicles. It looks like most of the parts can be printed using PLA which is beginner friendly for printing. Once you add your own RC gear, tires and shock springs, you can put it together, paint it and go play. A great majority of the parts are 3D printed, including things like the gearbox for the drivetrain. That is pretty darn cool and when you wear something out, you can just make a new fresh part right at home.

These could be some cool winter projects for you DIY types so pop on over to the link below and check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

Check out the 3Dsets website here

Nov 08, 2021, 07:14 PM
Has anyone built the Mark 1 Rancher? If so, roughly how much did all the components cost? Thanks.
Nov 10, 2021, 10:30 AM
Design Engineer
welp... now i need to do this...
Nov 10, 2021, 09:32 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Let us know if you do and how it turns out!
Nov 11, 2021, 07:28 PM
Site Aspie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Let us know if you do and how it turns out!
Have you seen some of the other 3D printed cars out there? Here are my two buggies:
8 minutes of backyard buggy fun (8 min 44 sec)
Nov 20, 2021, 03:47 PM
Grumpa Tom
I have printed and built the VW Baja Bug and the 4-door Jeep.

Quick Reply