Futaba Motor Controller MC980H/A(J)

Check out Futaba's airplane and helicopter ESC...

Splash

Motor Controller MC980H/A(J)

The highly requested Futaba Heli & airplane ESCís have arrived! These ESC's provide an excellent build quality and awesome feature list when paired with the MCP-2 ESC programmer. Each ESC ships with an SBM-2 decoder to receive telemetry features ranging from voltage, current, RPM, and temperature.

• Airplane and Helicopter Electronic Speed Controller (450-500 size)
  • 80 amp esc
  • Programmable with MCP-2
  • SBus.2 telemetry capable w/Included SBM-2 telemetry adapter
  • Optional Fan included

Now Available on FutabaUSA!

Nov 16, 2021, 09:36 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Looks to me like it needs some larger capacitors. ESCs with small capacitors quite often have problems with longer power leads causing ripple voltages that end of destroying the ESC. I am not saying this is a fact with this ESC, but this has been my experience with other ESCs.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Nov 22, 2021, 07:33 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
... ESCs with small capacitors quite often have problems with longer power leads causing ripple voltages that end of destroying the ESC. ...
A bit more specific: not enough input capacitors/capacitance and/or long battery wires cause voltage spikes higher than battery voltage:
Too long battery wires kill ESC over time: precautions solutions workarounds - RCG
(I know you know Steve).

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
• Without a watt-meter you're in the dark ... until something starts to glow •
E-flight calculatorswatt-metersdiy motor tips&tricksCumulus MFC
Nov 22, 2021, 08:20 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Thank you for expounding on this Ron.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....

Quick Reply