Sequre MSS12 Mini OLED Soldering Station

The MSS12 looks pretty cool for a portable or minimalist solder station with adjustable temperature.

Splash

Minimalist Soldering Station

Sequre hit me up about a new mini soldering station so I thought I'd share. Looks pretty cool for a portable or minimalist solder station with adjustable temperature. What do you guys think?

MSS12 mini soldering station comes with 0.91 inch OLED display, supports PD3.0, DC5525 12V-25V/3S-6S power supply, programmable firmware upgrade, Celsius and Fahrenheit switching, compatible with T12 soldering iron tips, the temperature can be calibrated and compensated, and the intelligent temperature control can reach plus or minus 1 degree.

Check out the Sequre MSS12 Mini OLED Soldering Station Here

Nov 05, 2021, 01:27 PM
I once bought a battery powered soldering iron for potential use at the field. Never needed it at the field. This looks like a nice little setup but it doesn't come with a battery or power supply. As a one time soldering instructor, I advise buying a simple Weller 37-47 watt soldering iron with replaceable tips for typical RC connector soldering.
Nov 05, 2021, 01:34 PM
Admin Deluxe
I have gone through a plethora of soldering irons. I'm currently using the unit shown in the link below and really have nothing but positive experiences with it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nov 06, 2021, 12:01 PM
The Amazon set looks good, if replaceable tips are easily available. Kerwono website shows this as a 65 Watt iron and not available. Amazon shows it as 90 Watt and in stock. Set includes proper leaded-type solder and flux, etc. Many ads mention "welding", ad writers must not be experienced solderers.

Amazon shows a buzillion similar soldering irons, soldering stations, soldering guns and accessories.
Last edited by E-Challenged; Nov 06, 2021 at 12:52 PM.
Nov 06, 2021, 11:59 PM
c/f
c/f
If Jimmy T Graham endorses it I want one just out of curiosity. I have the mambo digital Weller but hate switching tips out going from plugs/wires to board level or LED pads. Should be interesting comparing the displayed temps against one another. If it works out I'll buy one for each tip available and still not be half the price of the Weller digital station.

ME likes blue lit glowing bling, it blends in well with the disco mood lighting in the mancave trailer. That is gonna be sick............
Latest blog entry: Outlaw Time Capsule

Quick Reply