This thread is privately moderated by Ssayer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 22, 2021, 03:21 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
Thread OP
Discussion

Flywoo Cinerace20 HD

Flywoo Cinerace20 HD

Name: 20211022_161740.jpg
Views: 20
Size: 1.25 MB
Description:

I ordered this with the XM+ (from Makerfire because they were quite a bit cheaper than Flywoo?!?) on the 15th, Paid the extra 27 bucks, and got it today (the 22nd). The difference in price for the quad between the two sites basically made the DHL shipping free...

At this point, I only have 4 batteries through it (450mAh and 650mAh), so here are my very initial thoughts:

-It set up pretty quickly. I spent about as much time changing the switches in Betaflight to what I use as I did on anything else.
-Binding was simple (ACCST firmware).
-Unlike my Mobula6 and a Mobula7, I was very pleasantly surprised that it had the full range of any of my larger quads.
-Cruising around flight time was 6+ min with the 450 and 7-1/2+ min with the 650. Brand new batts, so not broken in and MAY or MAY NOT get better.
-Stock PIDS worked well for me.
-No beeper, so only motor beeps for lost signal and Aux beep.
-I watched reviews that said that the USB port for the FCB stuck out too far and so was something to look out for if you crash. I don't see it as a problem. I'm wondering if they've made the bottom pad a little thicker, or maybe I'm just not as concerned?
-They call it a 2 inch quad (that's props), but that may be misleading to some, it's a 90mm quad.
-DJI HD! That about finishes off the Mobulas for me. Someone downstream for me in the family is going to be happy to get them.

I am very happy with this quad (my Christmas present, so I only get a few more flights on it before I lose it for a couple of months). That's about it for now.
Last edited by Ssayer; Oct 30, 2021 at 09:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2021, 03:19 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
Thread OP
Flew it a little harder today, say halfway between cruising and going crazy. 3x450 and 3x650 and averaged 5:35 and 6:55 respectively. It's certainly more responsive with the 450 batts, but no slouch with the 650 batts.
Oct 27, 2021, 03:50 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
Thread OP
If anyone has this and wants a hard case for it's protection while you're transporting it, I just put one up on Thingiverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5032476

Name: a.jpg
Views: 2
Size: 28.4 KB
Description:

Name: b.jpg
Views: 3
Size: 21.4 KB
Description:

Name: c.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 23.3 KB
Description:
Oct 28, 2021, 03:45 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
Thread OP
Still messing with it. I had some 850 batts come in today. It takes almost 50% throttle to lift off, but cruises nicely at around 70%. For all the extra weight of the battery, it wasn't half bad. You sure as heck wouldn't want to be doing any power rolls or power dives unless you're into kamikaze dives, but... 10:35 of decently cruising flight time is plenty of time to check out an area and/or bore most people.

I'll keep checking it out until my wife has had enough and insists it gets put away until Christmas.
Last edited by Ssayer; Oct 30, 2021 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply