Full Scale VTOL - Jestson ONE

The Jetson ONE is a commercially available personal electric aerial vehicle that you can own and fly. Jetson was founded by Peter Ternström and Tomasz Patan in 2017.

Splash

Meet the Jetson ONE

From the company...

Jetson ONE is an ultralight and extremely fun to fly recreational all-electric personal vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft. Our mission is to make the skies available for everyone with our safe personal electric aerial vehicle. Are you ready to experience a completely new and exciting way of travel?

Jetson One - Official Launch (3 min 7 sec)

Ultralight and compact personal electric flying vehicle. Hop in and go flying! It recharges in just 1 hour, it fits in your garage with room to spare. No pilot license required(US), virtually no maintenance, vertical take-off and landing and most fun you ever had in an electric vehicle.

Tech Specs

• All up weight 90kg/198lbs
  • Empty weight 40kg / 88lbs
  • Dimensions 2845mm / 2400mm / 1030mm
  • Width when folded 900mm
  • Flight time (85kg/187lbs pilot weight) 20 minutes
  • Top level flight speed software limited to 102km/h (63mph)
  • Flight controls 3 axis joystick, throttle lever
  • Battery type high discharge Lithium-Ion
  • Max total power output 88KW
  • Chassis type all-aluminium space airframe
  • Motor type high power output electric brushless outrunner

Oct 22, 2021, 10:42 AM
Pro Hoarder
That looks fun!...But those exposed rotor blades look like a nightmare waiting to happen...
Latest blog entry: In flight
Oct 22, 2021, 11:15 AM
That the thing needs a transponder so we can be far far away from that flying disaster.
Oct 23, 2021, 12:29 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
That looks fun!...But those exposed rotor blades look like a nightmare waiting to happen...
One of the photos shows a guard around the front rotors.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Oct 23, 2021, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
One of the photos shows a guard around the front rotors.

SteveT.
Not needed anyway its just there to calm the rookies as you have instant e braking.
Oct 23, 2021, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debockle
That the thing needs a transponder so we can be far far away from that flying disaster.
Not at all, Volo has been flying in dubai for 5 years without a problem. Ehang is currently flying commercially.

Welcome to the manned multicopter age.
Oct 23, 2021, 07:04 AM
I remember when Ultralight Part 103 aircraft came on the scene. The late 70's and the 1980's had all kinds of manufacturers popping up and it wasn't long before Pterodactyl's and Weedhoppers started falling from the skies. I think that there are going to be a lot of these companies popping up. The technology is pretty simple to scale up a drone to carry a human payload and fly in a safe manner. All of this rides on software that controls the flight. What are the redundancies of these systems? Remember how not that long ago DJI drones would fly-away... Yes the software has come a long way in the last 10 years but I need to see how fail safe these systems truly are.
Oct 23, 2021, 06:22 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Well.... I'm convinced. There's no way this thing is more dangerous than a sport bike. A liter engine gets you from zero to 150mph quicker than gravity, and you're at the mercy of every road hazard, and the pavement can't be a whole lot safer than the propellers.

It'll be really cool when someone introduces a personal EVTOL with a huge jet engine for forward speed.
Oct 23, 2021, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
Well.... I'm convinced. There's no way this thing is more dangerous than a sport bike. A liter engine gets you from zero to 150mph quicker than gravity, and you're at the mercy of every road hazard, and the pavement can't be a whole lot safer than the propellers.

It'll be really cool when someone introduces a personal EVTOL with a huge jet engine for forward speed.
Exactly! I think this looks pretty cool, I told my girlfriend I found my birthday gift!
Many more Tesla's will crash then these. Just have to get some training on it.
Oct 23, 2021, 09:59 PM
tiger moth fiend
While the concept is cool, I'm concerned that this is going to do to Part 103 what drones did to our RC stuff. Cause it's so easy to operate, people are gonna jump on these things, do something stupid, and get the legislative spotlight pointed at the Part 103 guys who aren't doing anything wrong. There's plenty of kooks with wake boats/jetskis where I live. It's bad enough trying to share the lake with them, I sure don't look forward to sharing the sky.
Oct 24, 2021, 10:03 AM
XFM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Just only $92000. Who's getting one ?

The first Personal eVTOL Aircraft that you can actually Buy, Jetson ONE (6 min 1 sec)
Oct 24, 2021, 10:59 AM
LOL!!! 20 minutes flight time for $92k. I'm happy with the paraglider.

Quote:
maximum pilot weight - 95KG / 210LBS
Assuming that's with the personal protective gear, the aircraft was not designed with the US in mind.
Last edited by Moonzy; Oct 24, 2021 at 11:12 AM.
Oct 24, 2021, 11:44 AM
Be fun to build a model of it!
Oct 24, 2021, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtoplanes
While the concept is cool, I'm concerned that this is going to do to Part 103 what drones did to our RC stuff. Cause it's so easy to operate, people are gonna jump on these things, do something stupid, and get the legislative spotlight pointed at the Part 103 guys who aren't doing anything wrong. There's plenty of kooks with wake boats/jetskis where I live. It's bad enough trying to share the lake with them, I sure don't look forward to sharing the sky.
100 percent agree. Once anyone could fly an RC quadcopter, especially those with zero skills other than hitting a "takeoff" button, it wasn't long before congress and the president put the FAA in charge, nullifying a judge's decision that kept the FAA out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
Well.... I'm convinced. There's no way this thing is more dangerous than a sport bike...
Show me a sport bike that tries to send you to the moon when a sensor gets a little dirty and I'll agree.
Hoverbike crash in Dubai during test flight. (1 min 0 sec)
Last edited by RCvertt; Oct 24, 2021 at 04:09 PM.

Quick Reply