Oct 21, 2021, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Coroplast hinge issue

I have a plane built from Coroplast. the rudder and elevator use the method of cutting one side of the coroplast to make a hinge from the remaining side. It's rather stiff. Anyone have a proven solution that you have used? I could drill holes or cut some slots in the hinge side to make it flex easier. Tell me what you have done to ease the problem.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2021, 12:17 PM
Cut it off completely (save the tab) and use tape for hinge.
Oct 21, 2021, 09:56 PM
Thread OP

Coroplast hinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by William A View Post
Cut it off completely (save the tab) and use tape for hinge.
This is a 40 size SPAD. What tape would you recommend that would be strong enough and hold up to glow fuel?
thanks for your suggestion.
Oct 22, 2021, 02:53 AM
PROPJET- you can use normal model hinges. I did it with my Skyboy. I cut the transverse structure of the coroplast with a knife, apply some foaming glue inside, insert the hinge, and to be sure, add a stapler. You can see in the photo - both this is the case for ailerons and horizontal stab.
Nov 02, 2021, 03:57 PM
Call me Frosty
This is from the spadtothebone site. (which currently seems to be offline)
Nov 24, 2021, 10:01 AM
I have used the third method on a 1/2A plane, but like method #2. Might try that some time. http://www.frostracing.com/spadtothebone.org/plans.html I have this in favourites. Seems to work. I am sure The Real Frosty is more informed than I.
Nov 24, 2021, 04:20 PM
Call me Frosty
your link is to my backup of the files in case the site goes down again. the real site is being hosted for free (in a agreement between the owner of spadworld.net and a member over there) at www.spadtothebone.org/plans.html.

but either link should work.

Quick Reply