Oct 21, 2021, 09:15 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

battery charger: Powerhobby or Venom?

Hey y'all

I recently started getting back into RC cars after a 30 year hiatus. I have bought a a few trucks/buggies and a bunch of batteries. I'm slowly getting around to running these things, making some modifications. The only thing I'm not really nailed down on is chargers. I do not need ultra high end chargers and really like the HTRC and Powerhobby dual port chargers and they have better than average reviews. I do have an HTRC charger already that I have not yet used, although that will change this afternoon.

So, I ordered a Powerhobby P150 dual channel charger from Powerhobby on eBay a couple weeks ago. It's a 150W AC and 240W DC with good reviews everywhere and very reasonable price. The first one was ordered with batteries and charge connectors as a package deal. They sent the wrong batteries and no charger at all. Yes.... it was special! Returned that for a full refund and placed the SAME order again..... you'd think they would have paid a little more attention, but this order was wrong too!

The interesting twist on this order was that the charger they sent me was not their own P150. They sent me a Venom Pro Duo (80W X2). I know this is a much more expensive charger and the local hobby shop considers this an excellent charger, but I have seen numerous bad reviews on it due to failure after relatively short usage.

I'm not sure if I want to keep it or send it back and get the Powerhobby P150, if they can get it right after a third attempt!!! What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Cliff
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2021, 05:46 PM
Can't Leave Anything Stock
I've got the venom charger you've mentioned. I've had no issues with it in over 5 months charging and discharging 2s and 3s lipos. 20-100C mixed packs

Quick Reply