This thread is privately moderated by Libelle201B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 20, 2021, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Going Retro at the Ridge.

This week brought out some excellent slope soaring conditions for us here in S Florida, high pressure a bit up north and to the east brought in much lower dew points ie less humidity and a very steady flow of wind out of the NE/E at 10-20+ mph, perfect slope soaring conditions for our landfill Pompano Hill site. I should note I have nothing hi tech in either my slope or thermal inventory, I donít compete anymore in TD and Iím not interested in spending $1k plus on any rc glider. Pictured here are some of my retro slopers, one is the Pilot models Divine Wind built from a short kit, the Douglas models Silhouette, new fuselage and tail surfaces reproduced from plans, Scorpio models Falco, canopy area modified due to midair collision, and finally the Pierce Aero Ridge Rat, no mods, repairs or even total re covering, there are patches however since I built her in 1987.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply