Oct 20, 2021, 03:54 PM
Don't look at me like that....
Thread OP
Suggestion

God Bless The Heroes

So , if The Abbreviation for God Bless The Heroes can be misinterpreted as telling some one to go back to hell because of a song with the abbriviated title GBTH ( I had never ever heard it before ) , is Lets Go Brandon now considered offensive content ? Since there is now a song titled Lets Go Brandon that clearly and unmistakenly equates Lets go Brandon to
Joe Biden ........
If useres continue to be able to post Lets go Brandon , knowing exactly what They are meaning , then GBTH should be allowed as well.
It would be unfair to allow one, and not the other.
Whats next , someone posting " Lets Go 62pilot" or basically saying " you 62pilot " being allowed.

Thank you for your consideration on this subject and I will accept what ever direction this site goes on the matter.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2021, 04:20 PM
RCG Admin
One is an acronym circumventing the swear filter of the site. The other is a dumb meaning to an otherwise normal phrase. Apples and oranges. If someone is purposely instigating and trolling with the Brandon thing, then report it for obnoxious behavior or provocation, but it’s not a profanity violation.
Oct 20, 2021, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
Except in every LTUP users Eyes, that is exactly what it is doing, circumventing the swear filter. Everyone knows what it means.
Google the phrase, the song is the first on the list to pop up.
So its OK for me to say Lets Go ( add user name here ) ?
Oct 20, 2021, 06:18 PM
RCG Admin
Again it’s not a violation of the sites’ profanity rule to keep profane words off the site. That doesn’t mean it can’t break other rules in context.
Oct 20, 2021, 06:27 PM
Thread OP
10 4
Thank you.

Quick Reply