Oct 19, 2021, 03:56 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

EOD Robot Track Sources or DIY

Hi, does anyone have a source for the types of tracks commonly used on military robots? Whether it is one of the irobot styles or the dragon runner 10, I am looking for a source to make my own roughly the same size and I like the 1 piece track they use. Not sure if it is some type of cable embedded in a silicone/rubberized material? When I look at pictures I can not see a seam or joint so it looks very much like a conveyor track. I have some experience in small conveyor belts which is why I like this style of remote control tank track for making a backpack friendly rc tank/robot.

Anyone have experience with one of these style of military robots with the "waffle" tread track? Thanks for any help.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2021, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
Anyone cast their tracks from any type of polyurethane or other material? The only diy I have been able to find are mostly built around chains. I can do that but looking looking something lighter weight.

Quick Reply