This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 19, 2021, 12:40 PM
Thread OP
Question

attacked by hawks?

who can provide data on being chased by a hawk or whatever?
i ask because i got chased by a hawk.
i was flying my 2 meters electric glider midmorning. when climbing i noticed a bird following my plane but quit when i was near 200 meters.
then i got into a thermal for a while but when lost it and reached 100 meters here the bird came back, this time to remain following my plane and attacking it, sometimes getting very close. i changed direction but here it came until landed. the bird landed at a place so next flight i avoided that area and it did not chase my plane again.
could be that it was nesting?
any1 with experience with something similar is welcome.
here are some videos showing attacks: https://www.google.ca/search?q=model...client=gws-wiz
speaking of hawks, once i made 2 planes that look like birds. 1 left it white (looks like a gull), and the other painted like a hawk. i quit flying it because as soon as i launched it, all birds disappeared. https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...2-IMG_3785.jpg
Last edited by phil alvirez; Oct 20, 2021 at 11:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2021, 07:56 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Yup, I had a 3D Hobby Shop 57" Extra that was attacked by a Ferruginous hawk, at the 'Tomcats' field just north of Morgan Hill, CA. It put two punctures in the elevator!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....

Quick Reply