Oct 18, 2021, 06:35 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

UAV crossbow launch and parachute recovery.

UAV CROSSBOW LAUNCH (0 min 29 sec)

UAV parachute recovery 100% autonomous (0 min 50 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2021, 06:41 PM
Thread OP
This is a totally autonomous UAV for law enforcement and military applications. Its $60,000 price tag I suspect has something to do with the really good video optics and long-range zoom video quality. The battery that ran this UAV is smaller than my 6 cell 4000 Lipo battery. They were using lithium ion.

I was told it has a 35-mile range, don't know if that's including return.
Oct 18, 2021, 06:43 PM
Thread OP
There are no joysticks. Completely touch screen.
Oct 18, 2021, 06:45 PM
Thread OP
The video equipment is on the bottom of the aircraft. When parachute landing the aircraft lands on its back protecting the bottom of aircraft where are the video camera is. it is a round cylinder device which is easily removed from aircraft. the rest of the aircraft disassembles into three large pieces.
Oct 18, 2021, 06:56 PM
Thread OP
And the fourth and fifth piece would be the vertical stabilizers point down which can pop off in a rough landing.
Oct 22, 2021, 11:11 PM
have you looked at the wingtip catch designes for recovering a uav in a low pass?,

your chute has a weight which possibly robs the plane of endurance
Oct 23, 2021, 10:34 AM
Thread OP
This is not my aircraft. I just saw them flying at my field and took video for them.

Parachute was minuscule as far as weight concerns.

The only thing I would say about the parachute is hopefully they have good software that can judge wind speed and the downwind parachute recovery distance. The more wind the more distance.

They did have pitot tubes which required checking before launching. So the aircraft can judge airspeed plus GPS can give ground speed. I noticed the aircraft was adjusting its speed going slower into the wind but going fast down wind. It lorded for an hour and 1/2.

Quick Reply