Oct 25, 2021, 10:42 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgallian
the next conversation should be glass tails.
+1
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2021, 09:19 PM
No really, it doesn't have one
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgallian
The next conversation should be glass tails.
Another vote for glass tails.
Oct 26, 2021, 12:57 PM
hate glass tails: heavy and not durable
Oct 26, 2021, 01:10 PM
some DS with F3
DLG Flitz 3 am Hang und im DS (1 min 27 sec)
Oct 26, 2021, 01:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitas
hate glass tails: heavy and not durable
I agree
Oct 26, 2021, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukka
I agree
The enhanced visibility is the reason.
Oct 26, 2021, 01:37 PM
just order with glass tails, no problem...there are some orders with them
Oct 26, 2021, 01:44 PM
Oleg Golovidov
When you guys say 'glass tails' I think you mean colored glass tails, right?
Oct 26, 2021, 03:45 PM
No really, it doesn't have one
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Colored glass tails are nice, but my favorite glass tails only have a touch of color on the tips and just glass over foam for most of the surface. For me those are by far the most visible trails I've ever flown.
Oct 26, 2021, 07:22 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Yes. the best are the ones that look sort of dyed, rather than a solid colour. They sort of glow in the sunlight.
Rudder is more important than the stab for visibility.

I also don't get the reference to them being heavier and less durable.
In my experience neither statement is true?
Oct 27, 2021, 09:29 AM
Charles Martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmoth
Colored glass tails are nice, but my favorite glass tails only have a touch of color on the tips and just glass over foam for most of the surface. For me those are by far the most visible trails I've ever flown.
+1

Just (transparent) glass over (white) Rohacell, with the option of colored tips. That's also easy to add using rattle can paint.

A bit of carbon reinforcement on both tips , for left and right handed installation.

Oct 30, 2021, 04:47 PM
Is there any recommended setting ?
Jonathan
Nov 02, 2021, 03:10 PM
I'll attach a screenshot where you will find some basic aileron settings. As there are not that many of these around, settings are not easy to come across. Klappenschablone by mr. Reuter, you can find the dxl files and a pdf in FB Flitz3 F3K-group.
You'll need one or at least it is very very helpful as there is no fixed point in wing or fuselage to make measurements from.

I used these basic settings plus some tlar settings for snap flap, elevator, rudder. Snap flap 4-5 mm (max) each way, quite big. Elevator about 9-10 mm each way, rudder about 13 mm each side. Aileron movement 13-14 mm each way.

Tommy
Last edited by Tommy Wee; Nov 03, 2021 at 09:14 AM.
Nov 02, 2021, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Wee
I'll attach a screenshot where you will find some basic aileron settings. As there are not that many of these around, settings are not easy to come across. Klappenschablone by mr. Reuter, you can find the dxl files and a pdf in FB Flitz3 F3K-group.
You'll need one or at least it is very very helpful as there is no fixed point in wing or fuselage to make measurements from.

I used these basic settings plus some some tlar settings for snap flap, elevator, rudder. Snap flap 4-5 mm (max) each way, quite big. Elevator about 9-10 mm each way, rudder about 13 mm each side. Aileron movement 13-14 mm each way.

Tommy
Thanks Tommy, will maiden mine shortly
Nov 02, 2021, 07:35 PM
Flew mine today, had some time between nightshifts. Around 4 m/s wind, no need for ballast. Longest flight today 8,5 minutes, otherwise steady 3 minute ones.
Like this one a lot, F3 is agile and covers ground well.

Tommy

Quick Reply