Oct 17, 2021, 12:11 PM
Thread OP
Video

Trailing from a Scale perspective.

Pt 1

A Scale Crawlers Perspective Pt1 (12 min 49 sec)
Last edited by SportyModder; Oct 18, 2021 at 04:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2021, 04:38 PM
Thread OP
PT 2

A Scale Crawlers Perspective Pt2 (18 min 8 sec)
Nov 22, 2021, 01:10 PM
Its a good perspective but the speed of the vehicle needs to be much slower as in scale terms its going way to fast for the terrain. I tend to run mine with an FPV camera fitted to the front bumper and an HD or 4K camera in the drivers position.
Nov 30, 2021, 03:40 PM
I see all your typos
A better angle might be inside the truck looking over the driver figure's shoulder {you do have a driver figure right?} and through the windshield. Or, even a view from the back seat through the windshield, or just a FPV of what the scale driver might see.

What camera is it? Is image stabilization an option for the camera?
Dec 01, 2021, 06:31 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaxeman
Its a good perspective but the speed of the vehicle needs to be much slower as in scale terms its going way to fast for the terrain. I tend to run mine with an FPV camera fitted to the front bumper and an HD or 4K camera in the drivers position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harquebus
A better angle might be inside the truck looking over the driver figure's shoulder {you do have a driver figure right?} and through the windshield. Or, even a view from the back seat through the windshield, or just a FPV of what the scale driver might see.

What camera is it? Is image stabilization an option for the camera?
Thank you for your comment's gentlemen.
This was more of a test to see how things recorded than anything. As far as the speed goes these little trucks always look like they are going too fast in video, part of the nature of the beast. Actual travel speed was average of 1mph, slowing down for rocks and whatnot. Usually, I average 2mph on a typical trail run with my rigs.

There is no interior, just the blacked out tamiya windows...
This is on my Trail King class two comp rig...

Camera is an old RunCam2 hard mounted to the roll bar. Stabilization would make viewing the video much better...

Quick Reply