Oct 17, 2021, 11:31 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

UK Warehouse is closed

Just in case anyone missed it - it looks like the HK UK Warehouse is now consigned to history. The was a brief announcement on the notification feed followed by a frenzy of closing-down-sale bargains (in which I'm happy to say I managed to grab a bunch of 6s3300 packs for 25% of their normal price) but now I see the website has no UK warehouse options for anything and the sales are over...

PDR
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2021, 02:27 AM
... and now UK customers can look forward to a hike in HK prices. Anything over £135 will attract tax and courier handling fees.

Another little step backwards for the UK public. Cheers HobbyKing. Cheers Brexiteers.
Nothing more from HobbyKing for me.
:-(
Oct 18, 2021, 04:15 AM
Thread OP
It turns out that they haven't completely shut down the UK site yet - they've had a Covid alert which means that everyone has been sent home to isolate and no one is allowed into the building for a week or two. They've put the closing down sale on hold and will restart it when they can go back in.

Whilst the closure isn't the best of news it's not necessarily a complete disaster. In the last few months I've order a couple of items from the EU warehouse - they've barely taken any longer (typically 7-8 days) and have VAT paid at source (no extra fees). There have been plenty of occasions when orders to the UK warehouse have taken longer simply due to the backlog of orders waiting to be picked and packed.

But I agree we should be holding Brexiters accountable. By the throat.

PDR

Quick Reply