Oct 15, 2021, 12:00 PM
Thread OP
New Product

NeoCore closed-cell foam core

Hello RCG,

we are the new kid on the block when it comes to core materials and I would like to introduce to you our product NeoCore. It is a closed-cell foam with densities ranging from 53 to 80 kg/m³. So far so well known.

But we have some special features that make us very different from conventional foam core materials:
  • We can realise thicknesses starting from 0.5 mm
  • Due to a special manufacturing process, we have a thickness tolerance of ± 0.075 mm and therefore also a completely dust-free material
  • The foams have significantly smoother surfaces and thus also less resin absorption than conventional core materials

There are three different densities available at the moment:

NeoCore 50 FCS | 53 kg/m³ | fine cell size

NeoCore 60 RCS | 60 kg/m³ | regular cell size

NeoCore 80 RCS | 80 kg/m³ | regular cell size

I‘ve attached a picture for comparison between Airex C70.55 to NeoCore 50 FCS.

The 50 FCS has a virtually smooth surface with no discernible cell structure, while 60 RCS and 80 RCS are similar to Airex C70.55 and Airex C70.75, but with a smaller and more uniform cell size. The materials are also not dyed, which is also more environmentally friendly.
Last edited by NEO ACM; Oct 15, 2021 at 12:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2021, 11:39 AM
Scott
Hmmm
If my calculations are correct, the 50 FCS is right at 3 pounds per cubic foot (Rohacell IGF31 is 2 pounds, IG51 is 3.2) and 0.5mm is 0.020", 0.8mm is right at 1/32", both thinner than the Rohacell is available in. If the closed cell design absorbs less resin this could be an alternative for balsa in fuselage construction. Worth looking into. I assume that this product has been tested, is the data sheet and certificate of conformance available?

Is there a US based distribution network in place? Are samples available? Has pricing been determined?

Scott
Oct 18, 2021, 08:32 AM
Meek A Mouse
Hi Scott,

53 kg/m³ are approx. 3.3 lb/ft³. Lightweight balsa would range from approx. 70 to 100 kg/m³ (4.37 to 6.24 lb/ft³).
Last edited by gideon; Oct 18, 2021 at 09:31 AM.
Oct 18, 2021, 09:32 AM
Thread OP
Yes, the material has been carefully tested and the reduced resin absorption compared to sawn and sanded material has been confirmed.

We can ship worldwide and prices can be found on our website neoacm.com (we'll do an English update ASAP). We will gladly send samples for first trials against reimbursement of shipping costs.
Oct 18, 2021, 09:33 AM
Thread OP
A friend of ours, a German F3F pilot used the 1.0 mm NeoCore 50 FCS for his model Grane.

He wrote the following:

- Cutting only with SHARP tools, but then completely uncritical.
- It rolls a little after cutting, but that can be remedied with weights and tape when it is sucked down by vaccum (it has been deliverd rolled-up).
- Removing the spar is a piece of cake with a slotted screwdriver!
- Sanding in bonded condition with the vibration sander (I used 60 grit paper) is no problem at all.
- Compression resistance also super for F3F
Last edited by NEO ACM; Oct 18, 2021 at 10:07 AM.
Oct 18, 2021, 09:35 AM
Thread OP
Double post, please erase
Last edited by NEO ACM; Oct 18, 2021 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Double post, please erase
Oct 18, 2021, 10:40 AM
Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEO ACM
Yes, the material has been carefully tested and the reduced resin absorption compared to sawn and sanded material has been confirmed.

We can ship worldwide and prices can be found on our website neoacm.com (we'll do an English update ASAP). We will gladly send samples for first trials against reimbursement of shipping costs.
Good to know. I am conferring with an associate now. I will be in touch with you soon.

Thanks
Scott

Quick Reply