Oct 14, 2021, 05:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Fake O.S. Glow Plugs

Caveat Emptor.

https://www.os-engines.co.jp/rule/ki...dPacZHWf5rtB2s
Last edited by fiery; Oct 19, 2021 at 10:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2021, 06:06 PM
A man with too many toys
The question should be how is the performance not who made them.
Oct 14, 2021, 08:32 PM
There have been fake F plugs on ebay for awhile now.
Oct 14, 2021, 09:18 PM
Like usual if the price is too good to be true then you know it is a fake.
Oct 14, 2021, 11:02 PM
Diesel Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
The question should be how is the performance not who made them.
If they were any good then they would be marketed under their own name

A good heads up fiery.

Same is happening with SD cards and a lot of people got sucked in including many drone flyers https://photographylife.com/fake-memory-cards

* danny*
Oct 14, 2021, 11:33 PM
Still gassin' it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny mz
If they were any good then they would be marketed under their own name

* danny*
Well... that is not really a sound reasoning of course, because you tell me how in this day and age a new to the market manufacturer would make a name for himself in a dwindling market...

Heck, at least this counterfeiter makes use of more modern production technology than OS does....
Oct 15, 2021, 12:06 AM
No more wasted spark 😉
Yeah, but you're not really referring to a "true" counterfeit product, but more a "cloned" product, or copy. They reproduce a retail product with lesser cosmetic details, but with all the functionality, and as you say sometimes using different technology, like ABN, verses true hard chrome plating. But a "true" counterfeited product mimics a copyrighted product almost to the ''T", visually and packaging / labeling, but is lacking in QC and functionality, sold at a ridiculous low price to reel you in.
Oct 15, 2021, 02:25 AM
I see brand name glowplugs selling at $20 each. That in itself will kill off glow engines more than the price of glow fuel, IMHO.
Oct 15, 2021, 03:19 AM
Still gassin' it.
That much???? Heck... spark plugs of that size are even cheaper...
Oct 15, 2021, 03:59 AM
Diesel Danny
Well to quote 1967Brutus (with a bit of cut and paste)

Lol Bert. I realise that you are 100% dedicated to your efforts to promote gasoline as a motive power but many of us peasants have ready access to methanol, nitromethane and the stuff that makes a two stroke really sing .

* danny *
Oct 15, 2021, 04:38 AM
Still gassin' it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny mz View Post
Well to quote 1967Brutus (with a bit of cut and paste)

Lol Bert. I realise that you are 100% dedicated to your efforts to promote gasoline as a motive power but many of us peasants have ready access to methanol, nitromethane and the stuff that makes a two stroke really sing .

* danny *
No, nothing to do with that... I was just genuinely amazed that there were such expensive glowplugs out there. This because regardless of all else, I have always considered sparkplugs expensive at 15 bucks a pop for only 35 running hours of life expectancy...
I really genuinely never expected there to be glow plugs that are even more expensive.
Oct 15, 2021, 05:04 AM
A man with too many toys
I see that H9 sells glow plugs for about 2/3 of OS and Saito prices. Are they any good? https://www.towerhobbies.com/search?...-matches&sz=24

Oct 15, 2021, 05:40 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
Bert: you want to see obscene glow plug pricing? this seller is out of his or her mind. This glow plug (while probably one of the best turbo plugs I’ve used (made by Picco)) would normally sell for $8-10USD. It’s been on eBay for months at this price. And I think they only have one. Stupid.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ofna-51006-...-127632-2357-0
Oct 15, 2021, 05:50 AM
I've had very good success running these Glo-Devil SOT 302 plugs, they completely fill the threaded glow plug cavity on a Saito. Shown is the idle speed of a well used Saito 82-B.

As seen in this link, Sonic Tronics has the wrong picture showing: https://www.sonictronics.us/glow-plu...nd-hp-engines/

My picture is the correct one.
Last edited by I TOBOR; Oct 15, 2021 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Add picture
Oct 15, 2021, 07:34 AM
A man with too many toys

4-stroke plugs

Who has the best deal on 4-stroke glow plugs?

Quick Reply