This thread is privately moderated by RCWorks, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 14, 2021, 03:50 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Tornados and no power...

We got hit on Sunday and 2 more came to town on Tuesday.

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...darko/37929566

Storm Damage in Anadarko Oklahoma (1 min 33 sec)

Before it was over there were 1900 houses without power. We lost power when it first hit on Sunday, we got power back on Tuesday.

Anadarko power outage (1 min 40 sec)

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...IIAw%253D%253D
Latest blog entry: Self defense is Legal.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2021, 04:34 PM
worth doing = worth overdoing
Dang! Got lucky here in Stillwater
Oct 14, 2021, 05:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Yup, right in the middle of Tornado alley!! I lived in Burkburnett TX. for ten years and know all about Tornado alley, as Burkburnett was in the lower middle.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Oct 15, 2021, 03:46 AM
Thread OP
It's all more or less back to normal now, the ice chest contents are now back in the 'fridge and we are back on city power.

We are still cleaning up the yard and taking all the tree branches to the airport for some reason, maybe they burn them.

Monday night my son and I hit the Walmart and used the WiFi to get 3 movies on Prime... Togetherness is sharing a movie with 2 others on a Samsung Galaxy A11. (Robocop Prime directive meltdown, The last remake of Flight of the Phoenix and a documentary about Jupiter.)

Looking at selling off an extra car to get 4kw worth of solar... Maybe next time wont be as bad.

This was a national disaster area shortly after we moved here. Lost power a number of times since. I figure 4kw to start and add another 4kw later.

On the bright side that hot spell finally broke! It could have been a little less dramatic if you ask me.

The damnedest thing was sideways rain. My porch goes out 5 feet in front of the door, the wind was driving the rain so hard it was coming in the full width of the top of the door. That's new. I getting ready to replace the front door anyway so the weather seals will be new.

My 17 year old looked outside and asked "Are we about to die?" 3 blocks north of us 2 of the building of the home improvement center were leveled. So when he asked he was looking as some serious .

My GAF 30 year roof has been up 8 years looks like the day it went on. A house south of ne was being stripped of shingles. 2 blocks south a 3ft kiddie pool emptied, upended and came to rest on their fence. It was one with sheet metal sides.

I have a roll up garage door, early on I noticed that I could not tell the difference if I was standing inside the garage or outside on a windy day so I did those seals around the top and side edges. Those did good, the wind drove water in between the panels... I'm going to put that self adhesive weatherstrip foam in between the panels... Yeah, I know if I do that ether the house goes the next time or no winds like that will return... But it's peace of mind as I have electrical and electronic tools in there along with my metal lathe and water does not agree with any of it..

I hope we get another good long break before the next serious storm.
Oct 15, 2021, 12:03 PM
worth doing = worth overdoing
Glad you're ok! Solar/generator seems like it would be a great idea
Oct 15, 2021, 11:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdog
Glad you're ok! Solar/generator seems like it would be a great idea
I'm not to up on a battery bank to store power as that is an ongoing expense, but an inverter in the truck might be good.

Quick Reply