This thread is privately moderated by JSKYVOLT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 13, 2021, 12:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Sportster tired of waiting

For its maiden flight. Purchased this six? years ago needing only receiver and flight battery and it only needs a range test and stickers with the appropriate numbers to be ready to tumble. The good news is the staircase pad is done and I am making a (thin) template to cut out the risers and runners, approx. 20 inches for the latter and 6.8" for the risers. Once satisfied I will copy the template to 3 one and seven eighths thick by twelve inch by 200 inch long red oak boards that I will saw up with the mill. Will get help moving and hoisting the stringers. Meanwhile got to scrounge up staircase posts and rails and balisters from already milled oak and maple posts and planks.
The pad weighs about 2000 lbs. based on the 27 sixty pounds bags I transported from home supply store in my 97' ranger, actually purchased thirty, plus many pails of cleaned stones and concrete rubble I had gathered up.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply