Oct 12, 2021, 07:06 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

The shelves are thinning out

Stopped into Menards this afternoon and noted the spray can paint shelves were emptier than normal. In fact I would guess about 0nly 30% of normal stock.
Anybody else notice this elsewhere?
Oct 13, 2021, 12:44 PM
The shelves at the Dollar General were a little skimpy the other day. I overheard a worker there telling a customer they couldn't get anyone to work at their distribution center despite having great pay.

carl
Oct 13, 2021, 01:38 PM
Stand by, this is only the beginning.
Oct 13, 2021, 02:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray93J
Stand by, this is only the beginning.
Just take a walk through your local grocery store and take note of how many empty shelves there are. Going to get much worse.
Last edited by jollyroger; Oct 13, 2021 at 07:37 PM.
Oct 13, 2021, 07:18 PM
You should not criticize our politicians, we have the best government that money can buy.,
Oct 16, 2021, 09:11 AM
Supply chain problems because of Covid-19 will sort themselves out with time. We have been spoiled with 'just-in-time supply policies. Learning to manufacture and store products will take time. I think by this time next year we will be at some normal and predictable delivery of the thngs we are used to. ...but don't expect prices to drop. They hardly ever do.
Oct 19, 2021, 06:36 PM
deanz406
You would think that more enteprenuers would want to start up a company here in America, VS waiting for a container ship sitting off the west coast for products. Sad how we have been accustomed to someone else supplying everything that we need and use every day. Build American, and buy American, and problem solved. Just my opinion !!
Oct 20, 2021, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanz406
You would think that more enteprenuers would want to start up a company here in America, VS waiting for a container ship sitting off the west coast for products. Sad how we have been accustomed to someone else supplying everything that we need and use every day. Build American, and buy American, and problem solved. Just my opinion !!
Yes.

I told my wife we could solve the shipping container problem by sending all those boats back to the countries they came from and making all that stuff ourselves. We used to. No reason we can't still build everything ourselves again.

carl
Oct 20, 2021, 05:26 PM
I just say the cost of overseas shipping has gone up 300% and cross country trucking costs have increased 30% from a year ago. So, who do you think will pay for all of that? Sure, we can make it hear, but if make a profit, the government will just take it.
Oct 20, 2021, 08:11 PM
Joe Biden is the biggest moron on the planet and Kamala is the second biggest moron !
Oct 25, 2021, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboPilotFL
Supply chain problems because of Covid-19 will sort themselves out with time. We have been spoiled with 'just-in-time supply policies. Learning to manufacture and store products will take time. I think by this time next year we will be at some normal and predictable delivery of the thngs we are used to. ...but don't expect prices to drop. They hardly ever do.
No one likes the truth.
Last edited by jollyroger; Oct 26, 2021 at 05:30 PM.
Oct 25, 2021, 02:33 PM
joe biden is an imbecile ! Unfortunately he is the USA's imbecile !
Oct 25, 2021, 02:57 PM
Thread OP
Last edited by jollyroger; Oct 26, 2021 at 05:31 PM.
Oct 25, 2021, 04:03 PM
I am curious as to which specific decision President Biden made or which policy he implemented that caused the current supply chain problems in the US and how that decision or policy affected the supply chain worldwide.

I am not sure why a simple question caused this post to be considered offensive.
Last edited by rc_extra230; Oct 27, 2021 at 02:27 PM.
Oct 26, 2021, 02:39 PM
People love to talk and shout their opinions and blame people without facts. It is unfortunate that orders got backed up from China and everywhere else. The only proof of how it started is going to be in history. Products made in America got backed up before there was a global backlog, remember meat, chicken, paper towel shortages? ...all made in America.

edit to add: Most of the supply chain is run by private companies not politicians. Who orders all the stuff from overseas, big corporations.
Last edited by JimboPilotFL; Oct 26, 2021 at 02:48 PM.

Quick Reply