Oct 12, 2021, 10:57 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Where Customer DOES NOT matter

Before I start talking and you guys start reading. I need to clarify, I'm not here trying to bring down the second-largest RC plane company in the RC industry. I just hope they could make improvements. I mean whom else make so many RCjets you can choose from, right?
Also, before you start reading, you can check out my Flight video page on Bilibili here:
https://space.bilibili.com/1512719277
I think this would help to let everyone knows what my experience is with flying fixed-wing aircraft models. Coz the first thing they replied to me is thinking I did not do the preflight properly. And I hope through this link and my flight videos, you guys could understand I'm not the kind of pilot who will skip a control surface check on the maiden flight.

I recently bought a T45 from Motion RC, and one of the flaps came loose during takeoff on the maiden flight. I did not record what happened on the runway. So I had little faith in MotionRC's 30day warranty. But I took it to MotionRC anyways. Not surprisingly, they are using all their might to reject my warranty claim.
Name: loose control horn.png
Views: 40
Size: 279.3 KB
Description:
The control horn has barely any glue on one side. The claim process is boring, but I think there are a few things worth point out.

1 They just play around the table to reject my warranty claim. I sent them a photo of the loosen control horn. Which I pull off after the crash. And they claim I void any warranty by pulling a loosened control horn off. Then I sent them a video right after the crash where the control horn was still partially attached(before I pull it off). And they said it could be damaged by the crash. I can 100% guarantee that both flaps did not take any damage whatsoever.

2 They will make assumptions based on their thinking, not your telling. I scratched the flap surface when I pulled the control horn out. And they assume I installed the control linkage falsely, which could've caused the problem. But the control linkage is preinstalled from the factory, and I never messed with it.
Name: Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 11-55-24 Re Control horn came loose on take off [#T608073] - yanduoduo1.png
Views: 21
Size: 21.7 KB
Description:
Their assumption for the loosen control horn.
Name: motion.png
Views: 35
Size: 258.8 KB
Description:
3 They have some pretty strange lunch breaks. During the process of my claim. I tried to call them 2 times. The agent that works with me was emailing me 1 minute ago, and when someone else answered my call? "He just stepped out for a lunch break"&"He just went for another lunch break"
I'm not making this up, and I stand for what I said. Also, Motion record all their calls for training purposes.

4 Despite the MotionRC support team have a lot of lunch breaks. Freewing support that has been talking with the agent is working all night! The agent said there was someone from Freewing(at 3 AM China local time)who just talked to him, and rejected my warranty claim.

Apart from the T45, also from Motion RC, here is another story about my B24: I had videos, photos, damaged parts. But they were still fighting me off on a warranty claim.

My post on Hobbysquawk about my B24 crash:
I was asking for a store credit refund to buy another one of these when it's back in stock. However, the customer service agent at Motion RC thinks it is my fault for not landing an aircraft safely with only 3 engines.
Name: image_64928.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 137.3 KB
Description: my post at Hobbysquawk about my B24 crash.
So what they are saying is I should be responsible to land a defective aircraft from the manufacturer. Otherwise, I would be the one to blame for the crash. It's like when you bought a car from a dealer, the tire pops on you. Then you crash the car due to a popped tire on the freeway. And the dealer thinks it is your fault for not driving the car safely with only 3 wheels.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2021, 12:02 PM
MRC has a pretty good rep about replacing defective parts, not sure about suppliers agreeing to replace a complete $300+ model as the result of a crash possibly caused by a manufacturing defect. Model suppliers do not unbox and inspect ARF models for defects before shipping. It is incumbent on any purchaser, to inspect and correct any fixable defects such as loose or missing glue joints, loose control horns, cracked control surface hinges, dead/malfunctioning servos, etc., during assembly of a typical foamy ARF model. If you find a serious defect, that is likely to cause a crash, contact the supplier before proceeding with assembly or attempts to fly the model.

This may not seem "fair" but it is reality.
Last edited by E-Challenged; Oct 12, 2021 at 12:11 PM.
Oct 12, 2021, 12:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
MRC has a pretty good rep about replacing defective parts, not sure about replacing complete $300+ model as the result of a crash possibly caused by a manufacturing defect. Model suppliers do not unbox and inspect ARF models for defects before shipping. It is incumbent on any purchaser, to inspect and correct any fixable defects such as loose or missing glue joints, loose control horns, cracked control surface hinges, etc., during assembly of a typical foamy ARF model.
I don't know where this good rep about replacing defective parts coming from. And I'm not asking them to replace the whole thing, just to cover the repair parts. Coz I know we are in this hobby together.
Now comes to the inspection part. I really don't know how should I exam such a control horn? Should I pull it as hard as I could to make sure it is glued properly? What I did is giving all surfaces a light push, and make sure they are all good under load. BTW this is a PNP kit, with all the control linkages preinstalled by the factory.
Oct 12, 2021, 12:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
MRC has a pretty good rep about replacing defective parts, not sure about suppliers agreeing to replace a complete $300+ model as the result of a crash possibly caused by a manufacturing defect. Model suppliers do not unbox and inspect ARF models for defects before shipping. It is incumbent on any purchaser, to inspect and correct any fixable defects such as loose or missing glue joints, loose control horns, cracked control surface hinges, dead/malfunctioning servos, etc., during assembly of a typical foamy ARF model. If you find a serious defect, that is likely to cause a crash, contact the supplier before proceeding with assembly or attempts to fly the model.

This may not seem "fair" but it is reality.
BTW they are now blaming me for using an SMC 8100 20C lipo in it now. lol
Said it won't discharge fast enough for the T45. Claim it's "Super Heavy" compare to their Admiral Pro 6000 50C. Which are 50-60grams apart.
Oct 13, 2021, 10:47 PM
Thread OP
A little update. After MotionRC blames me for using an SMC 8100mah 20C lipo. Which they require a 50C lipo. They did not reply to me today.

And I've been talking with the Freewing manufacturer. They confirmed that the Freewing manufacturer DOES NOT involve or interfere with any after-sale service from MotionRC. They only provide spare parts over time for MotionRC, to supply the market.

So, what the MotionRC support team claimed, that they submitted the warranty claim 3 times to the Freewing is just a lie. They are just treating customers like fools.

Now, the Freewing manufacturer confirmed its MotionRC's responsibility to deal with warranty and after-sale service. But the MotionRC support team always says they have nothing to do with the warranty, they only submit our warranty requests to the Freewing. This means not only they are dealing customers with lies. They are also trying to shift the blame to the manufacturer. And get away with their responsibility to cover the 30 days warranty.

What a shame MotionRC.
Last edited by EnzoK; Oct 13, 2021 at 11:25 PM.
Oct 20, 2021, 08:56 AM
So if not for a new plane, what is your ask? Glue for the repair? A new control horn?

This may help customer support meet you in the middle and keep you as a customer.

Its always easier to make a claim when the quality issue is found before the plane is flown. I can see your point that maybe there was not enough glue (there is never enough glue on RTFs) but then I can see their point that the horn does show foam residue and hence there was glue there.

Again, Ive always found vendors are willing to give one the benefit of the doubt for reasonable asks.

Good luck to you
Nov 01, 2021, 10:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_56
So if not for a new plane, what is your ask? Glue for the repair? A new control horn?

This may help customer support meet you in the middle and keep you as a customer.

Its always easier to make a claim when the quality issue is found before the plane is flown. I can see your point that maybe there was not enough glue (there is never enough glue on RTFs) but then I can see their point that the horn does show foam residue and hence there was glue there.

Again, Ive always found vendors are willing to give one the benefit of the doubt for reasonable asks.

Good luck to you
I think that I as a customer is a fact. So keeping me as a customer is not something that should be negotiable nor dependable on what I ask. And lying is not how a customer support agent should do, regardless of what the customer claims.

BTW I was asking for a replacement wing and fuse. I sure would ask for glue even labor for repairing. Coz I'm pissed at how they just lie to me, and treat me like a moron. But after talking to Freewing, I don't care about this MRC claim anymore. I mean how could I deal with someone who just straight out lies to me?

If there is never enough glue on preassembled parts from an RTF or PNP plane. Then they are not RTF nor PNP. Don't even advertise them as RTF&PNP. Or at least, leave those parts for customers to assemble.

I would consider one drop of glue on one side of a preassembled flap control horn is NOT OKAY for a PNP plane. If their point of there is residue on one side of it works. Then I guess I could sell NEW cars with the steering wheel partially attached. And we better pull all preassembled parts apart to make sure there are enough glue.
Nov 01, 2021, 11:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_56

Good luck to you
Also, When I reached out to Freewing, they offered to help with my damaged plane after reviewing my case. I accepted their gratitude but declined their offer. How could I ask them to wipe MRC's butt, after MRC blames everything on them? I asked them to go talk to MRC instead.

On the contrary, MRC's first response was not to take a close look at what I sent them, but to blame the damage on me, to question my skill level, etc. I doubt they even looked at my photos until I talked to them several times. And when they did, they were just making assumptions in their favor. After I send them more evidence, they started to blame it on one of the best SMC batteries that is available on the market. LMAO, honestly, it was very funny to see them running around the problem like that.

Quick Reply