Oct 12, 2021, 03:58 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Revell Sport Fishing Boat

Has anyone RCd this kit - large Chris Craft (Constellation?) - hull is only about 8 1/2in - +- 8in waterline - thought of two converted 9g servos as esc/drive motors - Planet or Hitec feather receiver and Lipo battery - however two cells would be too much for the servo drives - not sure if one would work at only 3.7v . Think AA NImh batteries at 4.8v would be far too heavy - be very short runtime on triple A's

Sad part its a 50 year re issue kit and only has sheet acetate for the windows - not moulded ones like the original.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2021, 06:26 AM
I used to run a Lindberg Tuna boat on 5 of AAA, it would run over an hour using a servo motor as its drive. Two butchered micro servos might not pull much more current.
Alternative, to use LiPos, a UBEC of adequate current rating should sort out the voltage problem at a fairly minimal weight penalty, especially if all of the wires (battery to switch, switch to UBec, UBec to radio, servo leads, are all shortened).
I wouldn't expect more than "cruising" speed from servo motors - that might need the use of tiny brushless motors and ESCs.

Quick Reply