What Did You Fly Today? - Page 4 - RC Groups
May 01, 2002, 09:32 PM
Been There! Done That!
Took the Mini IFO over to the church to see what would happen if I depleted the lithiums. My thumbs almost gave out before the BEC finally kicked in but I found I still had control as still power in the battery pack At least now I know! Don't know how long I flew as forgot to set timer on the Eclipse. I did notice the plane was loseing thrust badly before the bec kicked in and was getting hard to keep it airborne. So would normally quit and install another pack before getting to that stage.
Removed the GWS Fan on the Tilde and installed a A unit. Flies great with 9 X 7 prop but not as much better than with the fan. I think a S1 or S2 would do better. Of course I totally covered the wing with Zagi Tape so it is a little heavy (but sure looks better!)
boomer
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2002, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer
cool, got it! That looks really simple! What kind of foam is it? Depron?
All I have are 0.5mm and 1mm foam sheets from Kenway. So, I just used 2-sheet sandwiches of the 1mm foam. I don't really know if they are depron.

Jun Nolasco