Oct 11, 2021, 06:10 AM
Thread OP
Question

Good Universal Transmitter options

So I have been recently looking but have trouble figuring out which transmitters are available (that won't break the bank) that will be compatible with multiple protocols. As in mostly spektrum reciever, e-flite, HobbyZone, etc. As well as other popular models an even toy grade fixed wing as I progress in the hobby. Something other than spektrum radios obviously. Thanks in advance for any information!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2021, 06:59 AM
Radio Master TX16S
Oct 11, 2021, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboready
Radio Master TX16S
Here is a list of what protocols this radio supports
https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ols_Details.md
and with the JR module port in the back, it can do crossfire, ELRS, ghost, R9, etc.

You will have a hard time finding a TX that it Can't support
Oct 11, 2021, 12:44 PM
FJH
FJH
Eachine TX16S
Oct 11, 2021, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix
Here is a list of what protocols this radio supports
https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ols_Details.md
and with the JR module port in the back, it can do crossfire, ELRS, ghost, R9, etc.

You will have a hard time finding a TX that it Can't support
Fantastic radio indeed. Binds to all of the Hitec Telemetry RX I have too.

Thanks.
Oct 11, 2021, 10:00 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the input guys.
Oct 11, 2021, 10:05 PM
Thread OP
Let me ask what is your opinions (if at all) of the budget end jumper radios .... ie. T-lite, T12, (pro) ?
When it comes to compatibility?
Oct 12, 2021, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallen82980
Let me ask what is your opinions (if at all) of the budget end jumper radios .... ie. T-lite, T12, (pro) ?
When it comes to compatibility?
Compatibility to what, receivers? I do not own any of those so can't say but their specifications will have all the information about what you are looking for.
Oct 12, 2021, 08:27 AM
All transmitters with 4 in 1 modules support the same protocols. So whatever radio master supports, jumper will too and vice versa.

However, jumper has been known to ship modules with defective/crippled mcus which don't have the storage to support all of the protocols with the normal fw. I have a t-lite and a t16 and both support every protocol I've tried using. ymmv.
Oct 12, 2021, 03:29 PM
Proud To be A Circle Flier....
Jumper T8SG v2 (deviationTX operating system) used for around 2 years, zero issues and I LOVE the small format.

Jumper T12 (OpenTX), used for 6 months or so, zero issues and even more protocols supported and I LOVE the small format.

Very happy with my 2 Jumpers.

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Oct 12, 2021, 07:17 PM
Thread OP
Thanks so much guys! About going ahead and pulling the trigger on the t-lite.

Quick Reply