Oct 10, 2021, 06:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Triplane

Hello. My 1/4 Scale Electric Sopwith TriPlane, Jerry Bergenís plans. Re designed by Camden Custom Cutters in Camden South Carolina. Empire Sound Card for Motor Sound and Machine Gun Sound! Running 12 s for flight, 2 two 2000 Mam batteries for rx. Dymondusa Tigercat G110 motor, 120 amp ESC.
Monocots olive drab collar.
Last edited by Bailoutone; Oct 15, 2021 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Add another picture
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2021, 07:43 AM

Nice work Bailoutone!

Good morning Bailoutone,

I'm particularly enjoying the pic of your radio installation. Being new to the Spektrum way of doing things, I find other folks' installation pics to be most helpful.

I have a question though: Shouldn't the Tripehound be on skiis? Is that recent snowfall? Yikes!!!!!

Best wishes,

Dale
Oct 11, 2021, 07:08 PM
Thread OP

Triplane

Thank you Dale

Iím using Spektrum DX8e Radio. Still learning all the features.
Suppose I could skiís on the Tripe. The pic is from last winter! Havenít gotten the courage to test fly it. Spent 5 years building it!
Will attach more pics of the tripe and new flying site

Rich
Oct 12, 2021, 07:58 AM

Good morning Bailoutone

Thanks for posting the pics of your servo hook-up and the motor installation. I am constructing my first all-electric WWI model this winter and any pics that show electric motor installations as apply to rotary powered aircraft are very helpful. Your pic of the pull-pull servo installation is particularly helpful too as my Nieuport XI project will be my first venture into a non-Nyrod control system.

I've been flying a Spektrum DX6 system with Out-of-the-box electric models for a few years, but this season is the first season I have flown my glow-powered models with the new technology, so I am a rank beginner who's feeling his way into the newer stuff gradually. Have four glow models making use of the Spektrum DX6 Tx and Spektrum Rx's, but still fly a couple of my old models, one 1/6 scale Fokker DR1 on Channel 46.

Nice looking flying site , too!

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Dale
Oct 15, 2021, 07:02 PM
Thread OP
Hello Dale. Glad I was able to help with the pictures of my Tripe build. FYI, when I build a plane. I tend to go with a more powerful motor, cheap insurance. Don’t need to use all the power though.
Oct 16, 2021, 04:03 PM

Is engine vibration a concern?

Good afternoon Bailoutone,

Looking at your engine and Rx pics, I don't see a lot of foam insulation on things (like we do with gas powered a/c). Do those larger electric engines run so smoothly that some type of vibration dampening is not required?

Thanks.

Regards,

Dale
Oct 16, 2021, 07:10 PM
Thread OP

Foam

Hello Dale
Iím using thick double sided tap on RX! When I flew glow was using foam to wrap RX
Oct 17, 2021, 09:53 AM

That makes sense.

Thanks for the response bailoutone. Using glow engines so far for power, I create a "coffin" from rigid building insulation foam, (which is glued to a piece of structure), then line that with 1/2" of soft foam and don't seem to be having any troubles. Then the Rx is then held in place with a Velco "safety belt".

Looking forward to more of you good work.

Regards,

Dale
Oct 17, 2021, 02:48 PM
Thread OP

Hanger 9 , 15 cc Electric Carbon Cub

Hello Dale
Pic of my 1/5 Scale Hanger 9 Cub. Electric of course. Clipped 6 inchís off each wingtip. 120 amp Castle ESC. Spektrum 8 Channel RX.Dymondusa Tigercat G 110 motor. 2 - 5200 Mah Lipoís for power and RX. Daveís RC Electronics WigWag Landing Lites, Nav and Strobe lite!
Oct 17, 2021, 05:38 PM

Nice Cub!

Good evening bailoutone,

That is a very nice looking airplane. I'm particularly enjoying the information you supply regarding motor, ESC, battery etc. Does that setup make use of an "arming" switch? . . . or is something like that safety feature available through Tx programming?

Thanks.

Dale
Oct 19, 2021, 06:46 PM
I really like Sopwith Triplanes! I plan building a 1/6 version using Tim Royle's plan soon.
Oct 23, 2021, 11:24 AM
Thread OP

Triplane

Hello ARUP.
What power system are you planning to use?
Oct 23, 2021, 06:41 PM
Hi! I plan using an OS 40FP two stroke engine. I have a bunch of 'em on the shelf!
Oct 23, 2021, 06:58 PM
Thread OP

Triplane

Cool. If you have them, use them! Whatís the Wingspan that your going to build? Have you seen my pics of my TriPlane?
Oct 23, 2021, 06:59 PM
Thread OP

Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcav8r1952
Good evening bailoutone,

That is a very nice looking airplane. I'm particularly enjoying the information you supply regarding motor, ESC, battery etc. Does that setup make use of an "arming" switch? . . . or is something like that safety feature available through Tx programming?

Thanks.

Dale
Thank you Dale

Quick Reply