Apr 28, 2002, 04:02 PM
Designing on the edge
Thread OP

Where to fly in Santa Barbara, CA?

Hi,
I am planning a visit to the Santa Barbara area this summer and would like to know where I might be able to fly? How is the area for Eflight?

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2002, 10:34 AM
Designing on the edge
Thread OP
OK, if there are no places to fly , how about good Hobby Shops in the area?

Thanks in advance...
Jun 17, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hey Bengtson,
I live in SB, We fly at Girsch Park, no problems but it's all about respect, Sundays @11am
at the baseball field, weekdays at the soccer field. Ehlings Park off Las Positas Rd. allows flying as well, some local schools after hours.
Jun 17, 2008, 10:43 PM
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Damn it. Don't bring up the most beautiful city in the world! Makes me want to be there.

I hope to attend UCSB next year, though. Getting in is tough I hear.

PS, no help on where to fly.
Jun 17, 2008, 10:47 PM
characters welcome!
After six years he probably isn't paying much attention. Good info, though!

mw
Jun 18, 2008, 12:51 AM
sundays at 11 at girsch?! ive been driving all the way to los olivos lol.

http://www.sbrcm.org/ there is a field about 20mins away from sb also for bigger gassers, i definitely will head out to girsch though, although i have doubts of my taylorcraft staying in the field lol.
Jun 18, 2008, 01:40 AM
Hey guy's,
One big item No Gassers at Girsch!!!!!! My friend has no problem w/his Taylorcraft450 there.
Last edited by niradog@gmail.; Jun 18, 2008 at 01:48 AM.
Jun 18, 2008, 01:08 PM
In Carpinteria, we fly Sundays at the Viola Fields park, next to the nature preserve on the Bluffs. PM me if you're interested. Electric only. Heli's welcome.
Jun 22, 2008, 04:50 PM
have you guys been changing the date/time because of the heat? didnt see anyone there today. but did see a t28 flying yesterday night.
Jun 22, 2008, 09:44 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Hey Unsped,
You know how things are w/rc it's hit and miss, it's still a good flying site though!
Jun 22, 2008, 09:56 PM
ya i here you was just curious is there were different summer hours

i should have a couple planes going by next weekend so ill see if i can avoid crashing into costco lol.
Jun 05, 2009, 09:30 PM
OK. I am new to RC (6 channel) DP helicopter flying (although I have flown R-22's before) and am looking for a field where I could get some advice/instruction on how to do it. Live in Buellton. Where exactly is Girsch Park?

Do you think it would be likely that I would find some heli pilots there on Sundays?

I probably can't make it THIS Sunday due to a prior commitment but would certainly like to meet up with some local heli flyers.

PAUL P.
WA6RXM
N3299V
Jun 06, 2009, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa6rxm
OK. I am new to RC (6 channel) DP helicopter flying (although I have flown R-22's before) and am looking for a field where I could get some advice/instruction on how to do it. Live in Buellton. Where exactly is Girsch Park?

Do you think it would be likely that I would find some heli pilots there on Sundays?

I probably can't make it THIS Sunday due to a prior commitment but would certainly like to meet up with some local heli flyers.

PAUL P.
WA6RXM
N3299V
Paul, I'm not very current on who flies helicopters locally, but you might check the local club, www.sbrcm.org
The last I knew, there was a fellow named Peter Chen, who flies helis. Good luck.
Roger
WB6SXP
Jun 06, 2009, 09:43 AM
Roger, wilco. Thanks, Roger.

Paul P.
Jul 16, 2009, 10:17 AM
Would still like to get in touch with Peter Chen, or another RC heli flyer from the Santa Barbara Club, to get some hints on how to set up and fly my RC heli.

I am having some issues in re getting the gyro/receiver to control the tail rotor position.

PAUL P.
Buellton
Last edited by wa6rxm; Jul 16, 2009 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply