Oct 26, 2021, 07:45 AM
Thread OP
Paul looking forward to your experience with the Racer, and you must try your printed blades on it.
Joe
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2021, 03:54 AM
So as I had not played with G codes of LW before I decided to start small with the lower rudder and was pleased with the result. Moving on to the top rudder with the same result. Then came the right stab....and that was a little different in colour and did not have the same smooth flat surfaces. it has a "baggy " sort of feel to it. The colour was stronger and not with the "faded "look to it
Next the left stab which came out like the first two rudder pieces. As this is a G code and i had no input, makes me think that there may be a slight difference in its programing ,be it speed or heat .I did think of reprinting the right stab ....but chose no to.
Chris...
Oct 28, 2021, 04:24 AM
Thread OP
Chris in your download was there two sets of H Stabilizer files.?
And can you measure the ones you printed
Joe
Oct 28, 2021, 04:46 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Posed twice
Last edited by Lockey; Oct 28, 2021 at 04:54 AM.
Oct 28, 2021, 04:53 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Chris .. I have checked the G-codes for both and the G-codes themselves are different of course because one is LH and the other RH

BUT .. the G-code "settings" (as far as I can see) are identical .. so I am not sure what has happened there ??

EDIT

I've just downloaded the Zip file from my web site and for some reason there are 2 sets if stabs ?? one set are named "Horizontal Stab LH LW-PLA.gcode" and RH and for some reason the RH one is a lower temp LH is 240c and RH is 210c which would cause the RH one not to foam

I THINK this might be the problem .. Joe, can you check this please too

The other 2 sets are named "H Stab LH.gcode" and RH and these are the shorter ones and these seem to be the ones that are OK

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Oct 28, 2021 at 05:03 AM.
Oct 28, 2021, 05:13 AM
Thread OP
Sent you the new files for the website
Joe
Oct 28, 2021, 06:06 AM
Well
How bout that....just as I guessed...well ,I did not think that I could make any changes myself. Looks as if I'll have to do some reprinting after all.
Looks like I'm stumbling in to problems that should be fixed by the time that some other interested modelers give it a go
Chris...
Nov 06, 2021, 02:18 AM
So this where I'm up to at the moment .I.ve been waiting for the motor to arrive so that the front could be assembled. Pity about the colour variations in the PLA & LWPLA. Looks like it may need a squirt of paint.
Chris...
Nov 17, 2021, 06:39 AM
Thread OP
A club member John Nelson took some flying shots for me
Nov 17, 2021, 05:55 PM
Good pics Joe
I'm in the process of making blades for my model. I had a set that I was hoping to use but the loading was a little on the high side, and so I have decided as this fuz does look a little "delicate"
that a "floaty" set of blades was the better option.
Chris...
Nov 19, 2021, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
Chris all my printed Autogyros have a high disc loading.

Looking forward to seeing your floaty blades in action
Joe
Nov 29, 2021, 11:00 PM
Well the floaty blades got as far as the field BUT the wind was far to strong for a test flight. It was up around 8-9 MPH.
I made some timber and foam blades for this model and and the loading came out at around 4.5 oz.
Chris...
Nov 30, 2021, 08:26 AM
Thread OP
Pity about the wind for the test flight.

Very nice set of blades, looking forward to the flight video
Joe
Dec 27, 2021, 07:51 AM
Thread OP
Got out today for a short flight, sorry about the Camera angle
Joe
TADPOLE FLIGHT (4 min 0 sec)

Quick Reply