FPV Drone Amazing Volcano Video

FPV drones allow us to do and see some incredible things. They can reach places normal drones or cameras cannot get to and they provide unique perspectives that were not possible before.

Splash

Amazing Volcano Footage

FPV drones allow us to do and see some incredible things. They can reach places normal drones or cameras cannot get to and they provide unique perspectives that were not possible before. We can closely access dangerous areas without worry except for maybe the loss of the drone, but the risk is worth it as you can see in the video below.

Joshua Turner takes his DJI FPV drone to the Fagradalsfjall Volcano in Iceland to provide us with stunning images of the active lava flow. In his own words "I fly right over the lava flows and then into the crater filled with a massive lava lake. The drone was piloted from the ridge on the eastern side about a mile away from the crater. Shot with the DJI FPV Drone with a GoPro 8 mounted on top. The footage was then stabilized in reelsteadygo. Overall an amazing experience. Shot on June 24th, 2021. Hope you enjoy! The volcano is larger and more powerful than the smaller craters that were erupting earlier this year and it was definitely tricky to fly so close. The wind was helpful in pushing the hot air and gases to the right allowing me to fly more safely to the left of the crater. The trickiest part was dealing with the turbulent air and gases coming out of the volcano and some of the lava flows. I nearly lost control on my second pass into the crater due to all of the air turbulence and just made it out with full throttle. As of this time (end of June 2021) it was no longer possible to get as close to the volcano requiring me to fly from just over a mile away. The DJI FPV drone performed amazingly well and I had almost no signal breakups as long as I stayed in front of the volcano."

Oct 09, 2021, 10:59 AM
Is the sound real or dubbed in? If it’s real wondering how he eliminated the buzzing prop noise.
Oct 09, 2021, 09:16 PM
DHG
DHG
Kinetic Sculptor
Looked like Frodo Baggins on the ledge, throwing something into the caldera at 1:07.

Quick Reply