Oct 06, 2021, 06:54 AM
Big club and you aint in it.
Thread OP
Discussion

Bought some cheap PLA, one color won’t print.

I needed a small quantity of colored pla and found a 4 pack of gizmodorks with red green blue and orange.

The orange was what I was after and that printed well.

Tried the red to make a red extruded knob to match the red anodizing on the aluminum parts. The first print failed about 3/4 of the way through with the machine running the entire program and the filament clogging the hot end.

Cleaned that all out and trimmed the end of the Bowden tube, put on a new nozzle and restarted the print, but this time it only made it through 1/4 of the print and again lt clogged up.

I pulled that out and put in some known black filament I had been using and with no other changes or cleaning got a good print. I just simply forced the red through with the black, no cleaning or effort of any kind.

Hot end was at 215 for both filaments.

What should my next step be to try and make the red filament work?

I have not tried the other two colors.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2021, 07:39 AM
Me and a guy with a mustache
Have you tried lowering the temperature to 200-205? Maybe the red filament is burning in the hotend because 215 is pretty hot for most PLA. I've only had one bad roll of PLA, and that was from a vendor I've never tried before and have never bought from again. That filament didn't want to print regardless of what temperatures I tried (195-215). Prints also came out really brittle and rough.
Oct 07, 2021, 06:21 PM
Please clear your PMS. i need confirmation you shipped the MCPx I paid you for. I cannot PM you as your inbox is full
Oct 09, 2021, 07:23 PM
Big club and you aint in it.
Thread OP
Well, that was random.

Thanks Babble, Ill try that. Just getting back into printing and was running some filament that likes to print hot (225) so I thought 215 was ballpark.

Quick Reply