Oct 05, 2021, 08:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Next plane on from a Reverb/Wasp and FVK Plasma

Hey Guys,

A quick discussion/question for everyone. For years I have been running the FVK Plasma 2 and Reverb on a mild 3S setup. I reckon I'm doing about 220 km/h.

Anyways I'm now looking to jump to 4S so I can get past the 300 km/h barrier. I'm thinking my requirements are,
*Go past 300 km/h
*Something that can be slowed up for a landing
*Something that doesn't break the bank.

I had my eye on the Jolt from Soaring USA for a while but regrettably they are out of production. That is not their fault I should have moved on this a lot sooner.

Anyways I'd be curious to see everyone's thoughts on this and since the Plasma/Wasp/Reverb are you first proper hotliners/pylon racers I think it's a great point of discussion.

I look forward to everyone's thoughts and many thanks in advance.

All the Best

Danny
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2021, 07:10 AM
Are we there yet?
If the Jolt is out of production there's nothing unless you either go 1m or under or buy a more expensive model like a D17, PILF or Yuri plane. Does Big Bruce racing still F5D planes? They sold the Summit and another 1 but can't find it or remember it's name. There was also the Rook which had a build thread on here somewhere and also a model called the Jump but I could only find info on a certain social media site about it, but none of the models are exactly a cheap alternative to the Reverb.
Oct 07, 2021, 11:14 AM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
reverb can be run on 4s 2200 and 5s 1800. Using mega F5D motor . Relatively cheap way to go fast.
Oct 07, 2021, 11:32 AM
Are we there yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhhhh!
reverb can be run on 4s 2200 and 5s 1800. Using mega F5D motor . Relatively cheap way to go fast.
The Reverb is unobtainable though
Oct 09, 2021, 05:48 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Yes, but he has a Reverb that he is only running on 3s. “For years I have been running….Reverb on a mild 3s set up”

Dan the man’s existing Reverb will almost get him there..without having to buy another plane.
Oct 11, 2021, 09:57 PM
Thread OP
Hey Guys,

A couple of things. Many thanks for everyone's input.

shhhh! I must admit converting my Reverb for 4S has been on my mind as well. It may not have the same polish as the Plasma or Jolt but for what it is it's pretty darn good.

All the Best

Danny

Quick Reply