Armsoar - BAMF 2 DLG Build Log 1 and 2

Here is a great build video for the BAMF 2!

Splash

BAMF 2 Build Videos

From Armsoar...

In part one, we go cut the fuselage openings, install the servos, pushrod guides, pushrods, tails, and pull-strings to complete the build.

Build 1

BAMF 2 DLG Build Log Part 1 (15 min 12 sec)

Build 2

BAMF 2 DLG Built Log Part 2 (20 min 1 sec)

Resources / What I Use

Last edited by Jim T.; Oct 05, 2021 at 12:40 PM..
Oct 05, 2021, 04:31 PM
Hi Jim, thank you for sharing our build log!
It's great to follow along for a BAMF 2 build, but even if you're building another model, most of the techniques can be transferred to whichever model you're building.
Enjoy!
Oct 05, 2021, 09:50 PM
Stephen Noble
Great videos - keep them coming! You’re almost at 2k subscribers in such a short while for a real niche hobby. That’s a wonderful accomplishment.
Oct 06, 2021, 03:25 PM
Thank you Steve!
The sub count is increasing faster than we could have imagined for this hobby, so we are very happy to see that. We have some interesting videos planned for the end of this month, should be a fun departure from what we’ve been doing but still relevant to RC gliders.
Oct 07, 2021, 10:42 AM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
Unfortunately I'm nowhere near as good of a pilot as Thomas but here is one of my videos of the glider in the videos above. I tried to mix in a little bit of aerobatics to break up the small circling dot flights.
I still need to move the CG forward a mm or two but from first throw it's needed nothing but elevator tuning for the different flight modes. It flies perfectly straight and is the quietest glider I own (lowest drag).

Best flight so far took my 40m launch up to 94m then some loops and rolls before getting back into the lift going back up to 65m for some more fun. I couldn't find the lift again after that and ended the flight around 8min, of course I didn't have the camera rolling for that one.

The build is perfect, I can't find a single thing wrong with the glider, zero wing/fuselage gap. It's simply perfect and flies amazing.

Caught a tailwind gust that pushed it down mid video but that's pilot error.

This thing is amazing.

Sorry about the color wash, I forgot to change the settings for the sun.
No ballast, strong layup 250g ready to fly (500mAh 1 cell included).
BAMF2 DLG (8 min 19 sec)
Last edited by CR5; Oct 07, 2021 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply