This thread is privately moderated by solentlife, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 03, 2021, 07:07 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Thread OP
Cool

Creality Dual Z kit

The Ender 3 Pro is a good machine as a starter unit and can produce some amazing results. But it has one limiting factor that I am surprised they accepted. Single Z drive rod supporting a heavy Extruder arm.

Initially - the arm rose and lowered with only a tiny change in its horizontal level ... but as time went - despite adjustment / calibration - that change increased. It resulted in strange thin / thick first layers as the arm changed ... BL Touch could not compensate as it was on the arm itself.

I finally looked for solution and watched video of a Dual Z rod belt system ... sorry but I'm not so sure about making the one stepper motor drive not only its own rod - but via belt / pulleys - drive a second Z rod ?
Then I found Creality's own solution ... a Dual Stepper motor kit ...

Ender is Creality ........ so surely if they produce the kit as well as the machine its intended for - it must be a good match ?

Second - it was actually a lot cheaper than the 3rd party belt system and cheaper than other stepper motor offerings.

Click on Buy ... it was ordered. Few days later in my hands.

Took about 1 hour to fit ... includes having a beer !

Because my BL Touch had thrown its handf in ... I had to flash non BL Touch FW ... easy peasy as the BL Touch had sorted bootloader before ... so connect to PC ... and zap ! Refitted Z stop switch .. unplugged BVL Touch ... manually levelled bed ...

Did a couple of calibration ruins ... and WOW ... now I have a rock steady arm and nice evfen first layers ......

Recc'd ? You bet !!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply