This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 02, 2021, 09:26 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Correcting for prop wash on the fin

The Sig Kadet Senior with the Eflite 60 on 6S and a 3 bladed 11/6? Climbs nice and we get 10 minutes of flight. The Spoilerons allow crosswind taxi with out wing lifting and approach and touch downs are with a higher angle of attack that minimizes bouncing. However on full power go arounds the prop wash over the fin causes an immediate 45 degree left yaw. Rather than removing the motor and experimenting with shim/washers and then remounting the cowl I decided to use NX8 mixing to mitigate the problem.

I set up 2 switch positions to test out. With F0 there is no throttle to rudder mixing. With F1 there is 30% throttle to rudder mixing that deflects the rudder to the right about 10 degrees. With F2 there is 60% throttle to rudder mixing which results in about 20% right rudder deflection. After flight testing I should be able to fine tune up or down the two mix curves. When I find the right numbers I will take the mix off a switch and have it permanently on. See screen shots for more info
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply