Sep 30, 2021, 04:26 AM
Durability Tester
Thread OP
Discussion

Water jet manouvering thrusters.

Modern cars now use a combination pump for washing the front and rear windows of a car, basically spin it one way and it goes forwards, spin it the other way, and it goes back, turns out this is exactly how jet manoeuvring thrusters work, so for less than 8 you can get a bidirectional thruster. There are a lot of variations of these pumps with nozzles of different sizes and orientations, so you can usually always get something to fit.

Stress free Docking with Jet Thruster Combi - Full option Docking! (2 min 9 sec)

Another use for these pumps are for use as a recovery motor. I used to fit them to RC sailing and 2 stroke boats so if the engine ever cut out or there wasn't any wind for some reason i could just turn the pump on, and it would act like a little jet drive and push the boat back to shore. Because the holes are only 6mm they cause very little drag to a hull so have little performance hit other than the extra weight.
Last edited by geofrancis; Oct 24, 2021 at 08:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2021, 08:52 AM
Durability Tester
Thread OP
i have been adding my thusters to my sail boat, im waiting for parts before i can get the boat in the water for testing., 2 dual outlet pumps for bow and stern thrusters plus an auxiliary propulsion pump for if something gets wrapped around the propellers.
Oct 18, 2021, 10:33 AM
Durability Tester
Thread OP
test of pump
bow thruster first test (0 min 28 sec)
Oct 21, 2021, 10:55 AM
Durability Tester
Thread OP
Stern thruster full pressure (0 min 17 sec)
Oct 25, 2021, 09:00 PM
Durability Tester
Thread OP
Bow jet thuster (0 min 34 sec)
Nov 23, 2021, 10:22 PM
Durability Tester
Thread OP
Esc test (0 min 48 sec)

Quick Reply