Jul 28, 2005, 07:27 AM
Thread OP

Pull-Pull method vs regular method for foamis

pros and cons both methods for foami plane 3D flight.
Last edited by raknin; Jul 28, 2005 at 08:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2005, 01:41 PM
Off playing tug
pull pull is good becasue the servo is always pulling, it works very good for elevator and rudder, i would not recomend running it on the ailerons. its also nice and lite.
Jul 28, 2005, 03:13 PM
I'm not a fan of pull-pull control lines on foamies. I've tried it a couple times on my 3DFoamy planes. The problem is that the control lines must be pulled tight, and the foam simply isn't ridged enough to support it. I'm not saying it can't be done... just, I haven't figured out how to do it without mashing foam. Also, I haven't flown a foamie yet that really neeed a pull-pull rudder. In my limited experience, as long as the control rod is ridged enough, which is really easy to do just by gluing the control rod sleeve to the fuselage, you can make a push-pull rudder work just as well as a pull-pull.

-- Brian

Quick Reply