Aviation Toys CX RES Mini 1M RC Glider

Here's a cool little project from former World Champ Vincent Merlijn and his company Aviation Toys.

Splash

1M Glider Kit

Here's a cool little project from former World Champ Vincent Merlijn and his company Aviation Toys. The CX RES Mini is a 1M glider that is easy and fun to build and it looks like it flys pretty great too. He uses the KST x06 servos and the plane comes out to around 150-160g all up. The kit is laser cut and includes the covering material, a carbon boom, balsa parts, triplex parts and hardware. It can be hand launched or bungee launched and the price is € 79.95. The website linked below shows them as being sold out currently with a 21 day lead time for the next order so if you are looking for a fun winter project, now is the time to get your order in.

Check out the Aviation Toys CX RES Mini 1M RC Glider Here

Sep 27, 2021, 03:34 PM
thank you for sharing this! A fellow dutch Rc pilot told me to have a look It is very motivating to get such spontanious support

As it looks right now, the pre order list is shrinking and new webshop orders can be shipped within 1-2 weeks. Working around the clock to get production going, getting good quality balsa is a real challenge, but i manage to get my hands on it now, so i expect no more delays. Feel free to contact me when you have any questions, [email protected]

kind regards, Vincent Merlijn
Sep 30, 2021, 02:12 PM
This little plane is so much fun. I got a prototype kit that was easy to build and resulted in an elegant and strong model. I was not looking forward to covering the model, never did that before, but the oracover light included in the kit is easy to work with.

The servo frame is designed for 2 kst x06 servos and the fuse is large enough to hold a futaba receiver and a 2s lipo.

I bought 10m catapult elastic (7mm/4mm) and extended it with 5m of .5mm nylon. This launches the cxres to 40-50m.

The cxres flies nice. Because of the dihedral it's stable and centers well in thermals. The big rudder is very responsive. It penetrates well and handles some wind easily.

Overall a lot of fun for little money, especially the bunjee launches are spectacular.
Sep 30, 2021, 02:19 PM

Indeed a very nice model!

Yes, indeed it is a very nice one! I start building one last week and it gives me fun to build. Perfect lasercut peaces and if you follow the instructions, available in pdf at the website of avationtoys, all peaces fits perfectly together and you will end up with a very nice model.
Although it comes with some white oracover, I decided to cover it with some nice purple, turns out nice I think...
Last edited by Denf3k; Sep 30, 2021 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Attach some pictures
Oct 03, 2021, 11:20 AM
dad and friend in flight Jaap with their CXRES mini's
Oct 03, 2021, 12:47 PM
Nice little glider! DenF3K, love the purple, it reminds me of my first glider and fond memories there. I’ve always wanted to build a balsa model kit…now seems like a good time
Oct 05, 2021, 08:57 AM
Pre-orders are all shipped out, back on schedule!
Oct 05, 2021, 11:38 AM
Such a fun glider…flew it at our last German contest between rounds. Vincent did an excellent job

Rollo
Oct 27, 2021, 11:46 AM
Does anyone know where the build instructions are located? I've searched the website, to no avail, and I haven't been able to get a response from Vincent.
Oct 27, 2021, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith2
Thank you!
Nov 01, 2021, 11:45 AM
Instructions are currently updated, when you have questions please contact me ; [email protected] or on messenger; Vincent Merlijn.

https://www.aviationtoys.nl/c-588157...-instructions/

https://1drv.ms/b/s!As3nQY5-C7YGev0kkEDJXqFKjk8
Nov 12, 2021, 05:23 AM
awesome work by Nick Chitty from the UK, please have a look at part one of the CXRES mini building video.
Big thank you for all the work Nick!

How to build a CXRES mini Glider Part 1 Fuselage (27 min 56 sec)
Nov 16, 2021, 03:01 AM
Part 2. tailset.
How to build a CXRES mini Glider Part 2 Tail set (11 min 40 sec)
Nov 17, 2021, 11:32 AM
How to build a CXRES mini Glider Part 3a The Wing (14 min 39 sec)

Part 3a, wing construction.

Quick Reply