Apr 28, 2002, 12:30 AM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP

Good news, Switchback Sport RG fans! Pics included

Hi gang!

After taking BEC's suggestions, I've had the chance to re test fly the SB SP RG and it's wonderful! I had one nose-over, and 5 greaser landings on a ball diamond (about 1/4" deep loose red gravelly stuff). I love this plane! I tried a few rolls and loops to get a feel. For those concerned about my ESC, for these few flights I stuck it outside the fuselage by tucking the wires out the side of the canopy. After landing (post aerobatics) the ESC wasn't even remotely warm. I plan on adding 1/2 plastic spoon scoops on either side of the motor up front, and a 1/2 plastic spoon air exhaust just aft of the wing mount on the bottom of the plane. That should alleviate the esc warming up problem. Sorry for the quality of these pics, as the light was "dull" but my wife did her best! We (me, Christine, and Malcom aka Kushal_22) had a great time flying!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2002, 12:31 AM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
gear up show-off fly by for the camera
Apr 28, 2002, 12:31 AM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
inverted... which this flat bottom wing holds surprisingly well!
Apr 28, 2002, 12:33 AM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
my favourite... this looks sooooo cool coming at you, nose low, gearbox humming, gear up. It needs to be yellow and blue with big US insignias down the side
Apr 28, 2002, 12:58 AM

Great SB Dreamer!

Nice job! What did you use for retracts? i'm guessing it's the GWS ones, so what's your opinion on them? too weak?
nice lookin' plane!
Toasty
Apr 28, 2002, 01:01 AM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
yes, they're the GWS ones. My opinion is now right in line with BEC. They are perfect for this application assuming you have a radio that allows you to do end point adjustments. If you make 100% sure you're getting a true positive down lock, they will not fold. I ROG'd from the mentioned ball diamond with no ill effects. I gave the gear a thorough inspection and they weren't bent, bruised, or battered in any way
Apr 28, 2002, 11:59 PM

Great pics!

Dreamer,

I really enjoy your building and the pics. Please keep them coming.

Rogerdoger
Apr 29, 2002, 02:35 AM
BEC
BEC
COOOOLLLL!!!!!

You've beat me to getting some inflight pictures. Great stuff!

I finally managed to break one of the gears today (on the 24th logged flight), but I tried really hard to do it . I'll start another thread and explain.

Having another pair hangin' on the wall, the broken leg is replaced and she's ready to go again.

We're gonna have to have a little loose formation flying at Chiliwack with them, no?
Apr 29, 2002, 02:45 AM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
formation would be cool... assuming my plane is flyable. Check my ESC thread

Quick Reply