Sep 24, 2021, 09:31 PM
This bird you cant change.
Thread OP
Discussion

FMS Ranger crash...

I think this plane is cursed. LOL!!! Made in chiner perhaps? Dunno. I flew this bird many times, and it seems that every flight ends in a splat or a crash, it will stay airborne for a few minutes then it speeds up and I tries to pull back the throttle, doing so cuts the motor and I have no time to recover, then she splats. Someone said set the throttle trim to -100 and it seems to help other birds, but this cursed bird just loves splatting, its getting old and im getting tired of the b-s. Its the Ranger 800 mm from fms, Any Idears would be appreciated..
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2021, 09:08 AM
Thread OP
Made in china might be a clue?....lower production standards, cheap parts, cheap labor. I wonder how if would fly if it was made in Japan? It would be amazing...
Sep 26, 2021, 08:58 PM
Thread OP
I repaired it, heat gun, tamaya putty, acrylic paint. pulled the frame straight, re painted, decaled, all electronics work great, new prop, looks like new. Its going to be a display model, Had 3 flights and 3 crashes. nuff said..
Sep 27, 2021, 09:27 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Sounds like it's the nut that holds the stick problem.

Good models, (and pilots ), should be able to glide a model in for a safe landing. Or is it the model badly out of trim ?

Ray.
Oct 05, 2021, 05:26 PM
The Ranger 850 shouldn’t just crash without some kind of input, reversed control surfaces, bad trim, etc……some of those came with reflex stabilizers, maybe that’s an issue.
Oct 06, 2021, 02:49 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray
Sounds like it's the nut that holds the stick problem.

Hah hah!
(I love the "she splats" in the opening post!)
Oct 16, 2021, 04:55 PM

Found: Crashed Plane

A crashed plane has been located from Dick Scobie Airfield. The plane crashed into a tree and is located at the end of Barker Cypress road just east of the airfield.
It is in a tree located to the left of the white cattle guard fence/gate at the turn into the parking lot, approximately 20 feet from the fence.
Hope this helps someone.

Quick Reply