Sep 22, 2021, 11:17 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Lost Three M1 Micros

Lost two this month and one in the spring. So just received my fourth one but before flying I would like to install this beeper I'm not concerned about weight but I need help on connecting wires to flybar unit.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2021, 01:37 AM
www.scotiarc.co.uk - OMP Helis
Only way I can think that you could wire it up is use an external receiver that had both Sbus and conventional servo outputs. The heli could be controlled by Sbus and the buzzer could be connected to one of the Rx servo outputs.
The problem is this may need a change of radio brand to find an Rx that has that capability and it would be a huge challenge to find such a receiver that was small enough to fit an M1.

Finding a better place to fly that didn't risk losing the heli might be worth thinking about?
Sep 23, 2021, 03:02 AM
Most unfortunate to lose so many expensive machines.
I guess on the other hand, you are fortunate to be able to keep buying replacements. I can't afford to buy one in the first place and I wouldn't be Robinson Crusoe in that regard.
The model finder you have there is designed for plugging into a standard type receiver with a separate pwm connector for each channel. The OMP's don't have that and there does not appear to be anyhere on the flight controller to tap in to such a connection.
There are only two possibilities I can think of.
The first one is more complicated and if you are using OMP's radio, then it's not really an option unless OMP make sbus/pwm receivers. Also involves more expense unless you have a decent radio, multi protocol would be good, and (for example) an FrSky X8R.
A satellite rx is obviously no good for this task, but the X8R or various other sbus/pwm rx's are, as the sbus and some pwm ports can be used simultaneously.
Plug your finder device into, say, Ch8 and set a switch for it on the radio.
The second solution is more simple, buy one of these ...
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/iq100-ai...ucts_analytics

It does not need a receiver port connection, just 5V DC, which you may be able to tap from one of the servo connectors, providing it doesn't interfere with servo function.
It works by sounding the alarm and lights after 90 seconds of no movement.

hmmm... Smoggie answered while I was one finger typing and feeding the cat.
Sep 23, 2021, 03:08 AM
Hi
I wont ask you how you manage to lose your helis
But you might use your motor to make a tone, flashing the esc and use the beacon of blheli!
https://oscarliang.com/esc-beacon-lost-model-alarm/
Sep 23, 2021, 05:03 AM
RBW's sock puppet account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro3000
Hi
I wont ask you how you manage to lose your helis
But you might use your motor to make a tone, flashing the esc and use the beacon of blheli!
https://oscarliang.com/esc-beacon-lost-model-alarm/
Hell, Iíll ask.

How is this happening?
Sep 23, 2021, 08:28 AM
Thread OP
It's happening because I only have one eye. It's taking me a few years but I do fly pretty good I'm not into smack 3D . I used to fly 500 and 550 size problem is very expensive every time I crash so I bought one of these micros and I can crash it into the ground with no damage so I really progressed with the m1 but sometimes I get myself into a pickle because I get too far away and disoriented and panic. two are in the trees and very difficult to locate this time of year. The other I lost a few days ago in Grass that's no more than 12 in tall and I can't find it hours spent looking.
Sep 24, 2021, 04:35 AM
Do you have access to a metal detector, even a fairly basic one?
It would increase your chances of finding the one in the grass, you might even stumble upon some hidden loot.
Sep 24, 2021, 05:31 AM
Rabid Rabbit
Would an Apple Tag work? https://www.apple.com/airtag/
Sep 24, 2021, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmiss
It's happening because I only have one eye. It's taking me a few years but I do fly pretty good I'm not into smack 3D . I used to fly 500 and 550 size problem is very expensive every time I crash so I bought one of these micros and I can crash it into the ground with no damage so I really progressed with the m1 but sometimes I get myself into a pickle because I get too far away and disoriented and panic. two are in the trees and very difficult to locate this time of year. The other I lost a few days ago in Grass that's no more than 12 in tall and I can't find it hours spent looking.
Damn, that must be tough flying with one eye, I have enough trouble with three.

The panic part is something everyone needs to overcome.

I lost a micro in the sun the other day when a gust of wind took it unexpectedly. I was ready for it to just drop and hit TH, but I caught sight of it 10í off the ground and gave it the gas and recovered.

Then it went a loooong ways off, (still trying to get used to motorized tails)but I stayed calm and saved it.

Note to self, donít fly in gusty winds.
Sep 24, 2021, 11:33 AM
You reap what you sow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves
Damn, that must be tough flying with one eye, I have enough trouble with three.
3 eyes huh? Are you illuminati?
Sep 24, 2021, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm_Pilot
3 eyes huh? Are you illuminati?
Not quite so way out as the illuminati, I suspect......
Last edited by Cyclone 7; Sep 24, 2021 at 12:20 PM.
Sep 24, 2021, 12:28 PM
Lol!
Sep 24, 2021, 03:50 PM
Thread OP
Beeper would be great. Don't remember what its like to have two. Happened in this hobby back in 1985. Felt sorry for myself for awhile and jumped back in to the hobby. I get by just fine other than depth perception which the brain has reprogrammed for one.
Sep 24, 2021, 04:20 PM

hitmiss: You have True Grit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmiss
hitmiss; You have True Grit
As an octogenarian with health issues myself that limit what I can fly, where I can fly and when I can fly I admire your determination to keep flying. Whilst the loss of even one OMP M1 is regrettable I would respectfully submit that, in the Grand Scheme Of Things, it is of little consequence.

I cannot suggest anything regarding the missing M1s but for future reference would something like this be useful?
https://loc8tor.co.uk/
Sep 24, 2021, 08:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono
Do you have access to a metal detector, even a fairly basic one?
It would increase your chances of finding the one in the grass, you might even stumble upon some hidden loot.
r
I did use metal detector last time out looking because I managed to lose my glasses. When it rains it pours.

Quick Reply