Sep 22, 2021, 10:46 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

AC/DC 4-Port Chargers

I have modest lipo charging needs and use an older multi-chemistry EV-Peak 4-port , 80-watt per channel , AC/DC charger. I may buy an EV-Peak EQ-3 or similar 4-port 100 watt per channel AC/DC charger when this one quits. I can charge four different lipos of different cell counts or chemistries at a time. I can charge enough 3 and 4 cell lipos in a couple of hours for a 4-hour flying session the next day. Max cell count is 6S. Discharge and storage charge modes are typically slow.

I think that this type of charger is preferable to using a separate power supply, charger, and parallel charging boards for my needs. You can power these chargers from a 12 volt DC power source at the field. These chargers do not currently have cell IR monitoring or PC interface and are basically separate 4-button chargers in one case with built-in power supplies. The only real con, is short dealer replacement warranty time and potential hassle with having to return charger to Chinese manufacturer for out of warranty repairs.

It would be great if there were charger and power supply repair services in the US able to handle repairs on most brands but repairs would probably cost an average of $100 for diagnosis and repair, plus parts.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply