This thread is privately moderated by FeiJi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 22, 2021, 03:42 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Learning to fly high alpha

Using my latest scratchbuilt foamy I am learning to fly high alpha. Not much luck yet but is fun learning. Need slofly prop and maybe to move CG back a bit more. Anyway, onward and upward.

Update 9/20: was too nose heavy so moved battery back a bit and wow, flies pretty cool. Can even land without hitting nose. Can use the rudder a bit better. I found out that if the plane is nose heavy and I use the rudder, it dives almost uncontrollably. But with CG moved back a bit, the rudder works well in concert with the ailerons. Doesn't roll as beautifully as before but I need to learn to fly high alpha anyway. Take my hands off the controls and the plane just flys straight and level. Nice. My batteries are in bad shape but leaving for an island soon so will have to wait on new ones till I return. Anyway, it was fun to make a little progress towards learning 3d.

Learning to fly 3D Foamy Scratchbuilt High Alpha (8 min 36 sec)
Last edited by FeiJi; Sep 29, 2021 at 08:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply