This thread is privately moderated by Keroburner, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 21, 2021, 11:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

B58 Hustler

Hello to all , started a 1/8th scale fuelled turbine B58 a couple years ago, this is a full composite 10 foot plus model and Iím half way through moulding.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2021, 08:34 AM
Thread OP

Other pics

Other parts moulded or in the process
Sep 22, 2021, 04:05 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Very cool! One of my all time favorite aircraft!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Sep 23, 2021, 03:11 AM
Why kamikaze pilot wear helmet
Very cool,
Sep 23, 2021, 05:14 AM
Thread OP
Thank you, will keep posting along the way
Sep 25, 2021, 09:14 PM
No way I could ever afford anything like this but I can surely enjoy watching your thread. I've always thought the Hustler and the C-121 Constellation were the most beautiful military aircraft ever.

Joe
Sep 25, 2021, 09:17 PM
Yup, the Connie in all forms definitely beautiful!! Especially the TWA Super Connie!!

SteveT.
Sep 25, 2021, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Yup, the Connie in all forms definitely beautiful!! Especially the TWA Super Connie!!

SteveT.
I'm guessing it was a Coast Guard bird but when I was at NAS Agana, Guam in the early 70's I used to pull over and watch their Connie do their high power runup before takeoff. As an 18 year old kid I was awestruck! Loved that rumbling idle from those massive radials.

Joe
Sep 25, 2021, 09:36 PM
Yup, they used to fly into Peoria, Illinois, and I spent a lot of time at the 169th Tactical Fight Squadron, Air National Guard, where my dad was based and they shared the runways with the Peoria Airport, so I saw the TWA ones, as noted, beautiful planes. And I was aged 4-8.

SteveT.
Sep 25, 2021, 09:52 PM
I was in one of the last "A" school classes trained as an AD or Aviation Mechanic. We were trained on both jet and radial engines. Later our designation was changed to ADJ for Aviation Mechanic Jet because radials were being phased out. The closest I ever got to a radial engine was watching that beautiful Connie. I worked on EC-130Q with the T56 turboprops in VQ-3. The Herc couldn't be any uglier compared to the Connie.

Joe
Sep 25, 2021, 10:18 PM
Agreed!

SteveT.
Sep 25, 2021, 11:16 PM
OK. So some of us (mainly ME) have drug this thread off topic. Lets let Keroburner make the next post related to his awesome build.

Joe
Sep 25, 2021, 11:49 PM
Well… I certainly helped drag it off topic also!! Sorry Keroburner!!

SteveT.
Sep 26, 2021, 02:07 PM
KG7NXX
Beautiful build! Looks like you know what you're doing. Nice molding techniques.

Subscribed!
Sep 26, 2021, 04:25 PM
Thread OP
Thanks to all , any support is precious in such a demanding endeavour! So far nose, inner nacelles wings and wingtips moulds are complete, remaining are fuse/ tail and control surfaces. Should be done this winter ... I also love the connie but the hump on the B58 its underslung engines and the delta wing plateform remind me more of the F102 B 747 and the 707 combined , will keep posting! Bought the engines, I am committed ...

Quick Reply