Thread Tools
Sep 23, 2021, 10:23 PM
Trader Rating: 98
If – by Rudyard Kipling
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook57
Only thing missing are the “bananas”! The “character” of the fruit is somewhat difficult to appreciate over social media (non-contact) site! However, you can most likely measure, or calculate, “assess” an individuals character by his/her interactions and transactions (read TRs) on this site.
Right after you're burned, you might have a point. You can't assess character until that happens.
Whitman Flyers fooled me and other people for a considerable amount of time. TR's = 100%. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/itrader.php?u=76012
TR's in my opinion simply only measure someone completed roughly that number of transactions or more.
440 TR's for Lewis. That's a lot of interactions that detected nothing. It doesn't tell how someone buys their inventory, if they're manipulative or not, or have multiple accounts praising themselves.
His TR is 100% on FG right now.
I might be reaching with some speculation here, but since he's no longer a member on RCG, has his character changed since that revealing thread showed all of his accounts and how he makes up stories to "buy for less" from people? Years of doing that without it being measured until someone came forward perturbed their discounted kits were being described as Lewis's fathers estate items,
I don't see his ads on FG written any differently.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...WHITMAN-FLYERS
So we found only some of the bananas.
If he simply omitted "My dad had them on the shelf" wouldn't these still sell?
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Sep 24, 2021 at 10:02 AM. Reason: added links
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2021, 10:45 PM
Trader Rating: 140
Registered User
mr.slick's Avatar
How does one who got banned from RCG allowed to be active on Flying Giants when the two sites are the same entity?
Sep 24, 2021, 08:08 AM
Trader Rating: 169
Build a scale plane already!!!
scale_only's Avatar
The question I have is or was there ever a Dad and Son or was that always just one person and a BS story too?

As far as FG goes,, I think they run them as separate sites,, so if he behaves himself there he might just be able to stay until he starts making shill accounts again,,, old habits and all
Sep 24, 2021, 08:24 PM
Trader Rating: 90
Registered User
hook57's Avatar

.


[QUOTE=balsa-n-glow;47872399]Right after you're burned, you might have a point. You can't assess character until that happens. “

Just for clarity, and I chose the words carefully, my post stated, the “character of the fruit is somewhat difficult to appreciate”….., and “you can most likely”….. Never said in any way assessing ones character was definitive! Furthermore, does one bad transaction out of a dozen, or ten dozen, define a members “character” henceforth? WF was more an anomaly, he scammed by way of his sob stories playing to (our) modelers good will, but not necessarily by selling bad items. I purchased an engine from him because of the value (and there were some shipping issues) not because he portrayed it as being sentimental or some $kit like that. After the fact, although it’s a good engine and I don’t feel I got “burned”, I regret buying it from the $erk because of his playing (lies) on folks emotions.

To Scale, my thought is it was all BS, there “most likely” never was a Dad or other. WF “preyed” on emotions and seemingly was successful at it until it caught up with him. Karma, if it exist, should kick his tiny lil arsss!
Sep 24, 2021, 08:26 PM
Trader Rating: 98
If – by Rudyard Kipling
I was agreeing, same here on being his customer regretfully. And there are other incidents but didn't want to whip a dead horse. I think it's important to emphasize "an insight" into part of his character. It's what he thought he believed he could get away with perhaps, so here is a link for another example. Note post #16, as soon as someone saw it for what it was, Whitman quickly closed his own thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Mufflers/page2 Many threads about those two mufflers exist.
It's not an oversight, or forgetting to put on reading glasses. We all make mistakes. This was a cunning move as he deliberately tried to put the "scam" onto someone else with low TR's.
Fact is it was a bait and switch game. It burned the seller in many minds at the time, as he had only a handful of ratings. He waited years to clear his name. I think of that incident when conflicts between new members
"call out" long established members and wait for both sides of the story, because how do you really know? Anyone can take advantage of support they get for being well established here. Blind loyalty as it were.
Again, to quote myself in that same post, "TR's in my opinion simply only measure someone completed roughly that number of transactions or more. 440 TR's for Lewis. That's a lot of interactions that detected nothing." So I think we agree?
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Sep 24, 2021 at 09:01 PM.
Sep 25, 2021, 06:53 AM
Trader Rating: 169
Build a scale plane already!!!
scale_only's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook57

To Scale, my thought is it was all BS, there “most likely” never was a Dad or other. WF “preyed” on emotions and seemingly was successful at it until it caught up with him. Karma, if it exist, should kick his tiny lil arsss!
Maybe just another ruse so people wouldn't know he was just buying and selling who knows who's old RC stuff,,, you'd feel more confident and probably pay more buying from Dad's collection vs. buying from a unknown previous owner,, right?
Sep 25, 2021, 08:41 AM
Trader Rating: 90
Registered User
hook57's Avatar
Hard to disagree with that Scale! In my case, I mostly look past that (at least on these forums). In person, or at a swap meet, completely different since it's likely I (we) know the individual in some way. In those cases I'm inclined to buy in order to help them out, done it many times (partly why the closets are so full!)

BnG, thanks for the message, much appreciated!
Sep 25, 2021, 10:21 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Registered User
it is unsettling to find out that paypal won't back you on personal transactions, don't they have agreements with both parties?
Sep 25, 2021, 10:39 AM
Trader Rating: 2
Registered User

Bravo....


Quote:
Originally Posted by ar196
I've bought one item on RCG (an OS 35 AX) and left the vendor a positive feedback. He left nothing for me.

About 2 weeks ago a guy posted a looking for and searching for a rare, old, never used prop. I had one and sent it to him for free, including free shipping . So what logic says that I can truly keep it (quote: "you can't truly keep anything unless you give it away freely".)? It's no longer mine and the other guy who can use it has it. Happy that I was able to help out.

What counts is the person's character, not the feedback or lack of it. And unfortunately, you can't find that out until you have a transaction.
WELL SAID .....im new and am trying to establish a rep by contacting those members near me first for in person sale .....cash in hand no bs i think this is the only way to do this quickly and earn the trust of other members as well as not get burned cause im new to the group.....two fold protection for established members and myself. PLUS i like meeting guys that can help in person and fly together ......i think cross country sale is ok if you get what you want but the personal connection with a seller / flyer near me is worth way more than what i might or might not get from someone i will never meet!
Sep 25, 2021, 11:20 PM
Trader Rating: 14
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
it is unsettling to find out that paypal won't back you on personal transactions, don't they have agreements with both parties?


I don't understand what you mean when you say Paypal won't back you on personal transactions. I've had hundreds if not close to a thousand transactions via Paypal for close to 20 years, many many have been private party transactions. I've only had one time that had to pursue a dispute against another party. Paypal supported me 100% and ruled in my favor since the other party could not produce evidence of delivery. Maybe in the case where a party sends a box of rocks instead of the product, they could technically "prove" delivery to Paypal, since Paypal can't see what actually arrived, but other than that I think they support people pretty well.
Sep 26, 2021, 01:52 AM
Trader Rating: 25
most exalted one
How does this warrant so much discussion? Sorry you missed this OP!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...w-Type-of-Scam
Sep 26, 2021, 01:28 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skavage
I don't understand what you mean when you say Paypal won't back you on personal transactions. I've had hundreds if not close to a thousand transactions via Paypal for close to 20 years, many many have been private party transactions. I've only had one time that had to pursue a dispute against another party. Paypal supported me 100% and ruled in my favor since the other party could not produce evidence of delivery. Maybe in the case where a party sends a box of rocks instead of the product, they could technically "prove" delivery to Paypal, since Paypal can't see what actually arrived, but other than that I think they support people pretty well.
i'm glad to hear it,
i was going by post #3
Sep 26, 2021, 01:39 PM
Trader Rating: 169
Build a scale plane already!!!
scale_only's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
i'm glad to hear it,
i was going by post #3
Well that post #3 is for sure wrong,,, they back private sales,,, what they don't back is if you pay via gift/Friends and Family
Sep 26, 2021, 06:14 PM
Trader Rating: 12
Registered User
AntiArf's Avatar
He didn't say for sure, but it looks like he's saying he used G&S. I've heard of refunds being denied for G&S purchases. It's all he said she said without knowing all the details, but it's happened.
Sep 26, 2021, 07:56 PM
Trader Rating: 14
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
i'm glad to hear it,
i was going by post #3

Ahh ok, I see where you were coming from.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! ***Didn't get ripped off! Update to ( I think I am getting Ripped Off ) TeamJoby Trader Talk 10 Oct 06, 2016 10:32 PM
Suggestion User 'Green Gorilla' scamming with ggracers.com strg Site Suggestions / Complaints 7 May 02, 2016 04:38 PM
Careful! Ripped off- User- jlb1969 ...still waiting for that refund TheDoug Trader Talk 254 Oct 22, 2015 07:19 PM
To Rip off or not to Rip Off? rich_hodgetts Micro Helis 1 Nov 24, 2005 02:10 PM
Help me find a scam artist. Ripped me of $140.00 reznikvova Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 39 Dec 04, 2003 03:55 AM