Sep 17, 2021, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
Question

Paint recommendations

I'm going to be painting the Kavan Alouette, the heli is part plastic, aluminum, wood an possibly carbon fiber. What type of paint would you recommed. I can do rattle cans or spray gun/airbrush. Willing to do a color coat followed by a clear fuel proof coat if necessary, just need to know what has good multi surface adhesion.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2021, 10:51 AM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
These days my paint of choice for a glow powered model would be Klass Kote Epoxy. It's kind of pricey, but it's excellent paint!

They also sell a urethane clear if you want to go that route, but it's not necessary for fuel proofing.

Ralph
Sep 21, 2021, 10:25 PM
I would not paint that at all, if I were you. Lots of plastic parts that with the technology back then, were not as resilient and resistant as they would be nowadays, and the softeners have probably all evaporated leaving it more brittle than supposed to be.

The paint might weaken it.

Quick Reply